1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Simplicity

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Dimitri_Vasiliou, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Dimitri_Vasiliou

Dimitri_Vasiliou Well-Known Member

First i need to apologise for not being able (time wise) to spend more time and comment on pictures (some of them superb) of other members , some times i wish there were more than 24 hours in a day.

About the picture now.
    My eye caught this tree while i was driving around the isle of Bute and i just loved its isolation , just standing there on its own in an empty field waiting for someone to take its picture.
    Well,i couldn`t resist.

12 mm on a full frame camera.

Exif data

Link for larger version

[​IMG]

2. Gordon_McGeachie

Gordon_McGeachie In the Stop Bath

I like this picture.

A nice simple shot that works well....

3. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

That is absolutely gorgeous. I long to photograph landscapes like that. :cool:

4. Gordon_McGeachie

I wll be ordering my new Sigma 10-20 lens at the end of the month..

Cant wait, I so much needed the extra few degrees of coverage at a wedding yesterday for a big group shot.

And of course, I can use it for shots like this............

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

So move to Scotland! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

But there's so much of England I haven't photographed yet! ;)

7. JaySteel

JaySteel Well-Known Member

Great photo. I wish I could convince my wife how much we need a Sigma 10-20 more than school uniforms for the kids!

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Come north of the border and you won't miss it. Still, if you do, Northumbria and Cumbria are not far away.

Seriously though, if you can arrange a week/10 days/fortnight photo trip up here, you'll find yourself surrounded by photogenic stuff all the time. Unless you go to the Buckfast triangle, of course.

9. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Well I've been to Buckfast Abbey but that's in Devon and I don't suppose the triangle's THAT big! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised. Anyway, the abbey's alcoholic bevy is the drink of choice in the Buckfast triangle (east of Glasgow).

Sorry Dmitri, we've gone off topic! :eek:

11. aiwa_yamaha

aiwa_yamaha Well-Known Member

Really nice picture.

12. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Amazing how Abbotts seem to brew the best alcohol!

BTW, Is it National Avatar Changing Day? (1st Chris Brookes, now you?) ;)

13. ChrisBrookes

ChrisBrookes Well-Known Member

LOL !!! I just got sick of my gosling, for some reason though I cannot get as nicely detailed avatars as everyone else !

14. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

I think a lot download avatars from various sites. I believe this one is popular.

Me? I just took a picture of myself in a mirror! ;)

15. John_Baker

John_Baker Well-Known Member

Stunning as always! - looking at the exif I see this was done on your 12-24, I was particularly interest in seeing the set up with the Cokin x holder fitted to the lens you are showing on the site – could you give some details about how you find it works as a system, plus have you used it with a polar filter??
    Feeling grumpy now as I turned down second-hand X kit going for a song, I was basically offered the holder plus some grads for £50 – Bum!!!

16. Dimitri_Vasiliou

Dimitri_Vasiliou Well-Known Member

£ 50 ???
    wow,thats a great deal.
    I find that it works well with one grad on it although the very top gets a bit dark if you include too much sky in the frame but if used sensibly it seems good.
    I`ll create a PDF file soon and upload it here for the other members to see how the system works.

17. Leslie77

Leslie77 Active Member

What a great image. Nice work with that, Dimitri ;)

18. gazhilla

gazhilla Well-Known Member

Dimitri,
    as always simply stunning, you are a great example of what can be achieved, only posting images of a very very high standard. Now I do wish I could move up there for 10 to 20 days a year, far better skies than even gods country here. :cool:

19. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

Agree, A great shot :)

20. Gordon_McGeachie

[yippee mode on]After doing a wedding last weekend I have managed to persuade my wife to let me get one at the end of the month.[/yippee mode off]