1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silver K5

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by JerryNash, Feb 16, 2011.

1. JerryNash

JerryNash Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster (cheesey opening line but its true!)

I was wondering if people had heard about the silver K5s that should be released in the UK shortly? Apparently stock is limited to 50 (in TOTAL!) and some bundle deals include silver primes.

SRS have them on the site (i accessed through my FB account). Deposits are £20 but don't know of the cost.

It appears they have a slightly redesigned grip but not sure what else.

Anyone interested? I just sold my K200. Not sure whether to get a K7 + the WR lenses, a K7 or hold out for a body only K5.

Looks gorgeous though!

Sorry, i can't post a link as i'm at work.

Cheers,

J

2. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

Tis a shame...

Link to image

Don't like 'silver effect' cameras, kinda look cheap and tacky like the ones Canon/Nikon did a few years ago.

3. JerryNash

JerryNash Well-Known Member

Certainly if its painted silver, it might be worth avoiding!

I can't really tell if its painted or the silver affect is part of the body shell - but i suspect you're right. :(

4. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Indeed it is a shame. I followed the directions and just got a static shock from the screen :(

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

looks like an ist DL I used to own....

6. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

Good job it wasn't a photo of AW then!

7. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

It is not for me. I much prefer the standard black. I don't think this will appeal to Pentax followers, but more to the person who just wants to be 'first' with something different.

Didn't they do this with the K10D as well??