1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sigma warranty

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by swanseadave, May 5, 2021.

1. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

I just noticed an ad for Sigma lenses where warranty was two years.
    When did it change from three years,anyone know?

I`m not looking to buy.I just wondered whether the change applies to all new lenses.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

To be sure you need the bit of paper that comes in the box.

3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Has it changed? The website still refers to 3 years for lenses.

4. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Checking the website, it's 2 years for Sigma camera gear and 3 years for lenses... but only for the UK. It mentions a 12 month European warranty but that Sigma UK offer 3 years, 2 more years above the European one

5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

There was a time when almost every advert contained the abbreviation E & O E. Errors and Omissions Excepted, I suggest that this would have covered such things as warranty period appearing in the advertisement. The Sigma ad on page 13 of the 4th May 21 edition clearly states 2 Year UK Camera Warranty, I have been unable to locate a Sigma Lens advert more recent than the 9 March 21 edition and that clearly states Sigma 3 year UK warranty.

I suggest the legal position is that the advert contains incorrect information but the correct information is better than advertised, the other way around might be more problematic but you'd need an expert to confirm it either way.

6. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

^
    From what you have stated, the ad agrees with Sigma UK's website.... 2 years on cameras and 3 years on lenses.
    Dave, where did you see the ad that prompted your query?

7. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

It was in AP April 17th page 13,but I think I misread it.It`s an ad for the Sigma FP L and clearly states
    two year UK warranty on cameras.
    I saw the big 2 and jumped to the wrong conclusion.I`ll go away and hide now,very sorry for being a twonk!!!;)

8. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

You're no twonk...there's plenty on here who might qualify
    (Not my opinion of course:rolleyes:)

swanseadave likes this.