1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Sigma 120 - 400 OS Issues with OS System

Discussion in 'Lens Matters' started by jim sharp, Aug 15, 2016.

1. jim sharp

jim sharp Member

Hello All

I have had the 120 - 400 Sigma OS tele lens for over a year and with in this time the OS started making Clunking noises when the OS was activated when i half pressed the shutter button. It eventually just packed up and was returned to Sigma under the warranty, it got a Brand new OS system fitted and was found to be soft on the focus so was sent back to Japan for further final work, returned to me and worked fine on first use. I bought another lens(different focal length) so didnt use the 120 for a while, took it out sunday gone and the clunking was back, the shots were terrible, loads of noise and out of focus again, it was a static shot and should have been pin sharp with it set at iso 200 f5.6 at 1/1600 sec. shot on nikon d7100. so I was just wondering if other folk have had issues similar and sending it back to sigma again under warranty, is this the norm. thanks, frustrated jim

2. mike_j

mike_j Well-Known Member

Well it's not much help but my lens has been fine. Accurate autofocus and effective OS.

Back to Sigma I'm afraid.

3. jim sharp

jim sharp Member

thanks mike, i must have a friday night special, never had anything like this before, normally all is good with Sigma lenses.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Any further problems and I feel you would be justified in asking for a replacement lens. Two failures are unacceptable in my book.

5. jim sharp

jim sharp Member

that will be my next step, its frustrating when your on a good photo shoot and the wildlife are making a good show and your lens is not performing.