1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sickening and getting worse

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Col. Hogan, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Re: Sickening and getting worse...Has anybody

donated money to the Red Cross or any other such charity to actually try to help the people after the atrocity of Hurricane Katrina or is (most) everyone just enjoying lots of Bush-bashing at the expense of these folks who are truely dire straits??

Just curious!

Jack

2. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Jack I think people here in the UK, are some what astonished by the attitude of Bush and Congress in the early part of this fisaco.

During the Boxing day Tsuami, food and water was dropped in the area within 48 hours. However the most powerful nation in the world , became nothing less than 3rd world country, unable to cope.

I now hope (and this more in hope than reailty) that Bush will wake up to global warming. Or will he wait untill the floodwater hits DC.

As for money given to the red cross. I doubt if any big fund rasing ever gets to where its needed. Unless its a Political fund raising of course.

3. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

You can donate here

4. Salazar

Salazar In the Stop Bath

Well I for one will not be.

The so called greatist nation on the earth can spend money of invasion of countries , spend money on the impsotion of their policy not the will of the people they say they are liberating, but can't or rather won't spend money on the maintaince and strenghing of flood defence systems in the New Orleans area.

And it would appear (perhaps I am getting cynical), that aid by way of the US Marine Corp only arrived after the embarisement of newscasts shown world wide.

No any money donated to this disiater is not going to help anyone who needs it.

Look at the money donated to the Tsunami fund. Just how much of that was spent on aid in the region. Not much when you start to do the figures.

5. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Sorry Jack, but I think you have set up a false dichotomy.