1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Despair?

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Fishboy, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Regarding the Loreo PC lens, if I had one of these, I'd be tempted to track one of these down, rip the elements out of it, and one way or another, install an old enlarging lens that covers the 6x6cm format! If 'It' doesn't offer any focus adjustment, get one of Pentax's old variable length Helicoid close-up tubes and mount that on the back of the Loreo ... Wouldn't be the first time I've cobbled up something like this, as once, I got a 5 or 6" condenser lens from an old enlarger and with a lathe, made up the tubing between the T mount and lens element ... This 'abortion' gave me a 350mm f1.8 lens!

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Nice idea, but it's basically the size of a lenscap with a tiny meniscus lens in the middle, so I don't think it's possible.

3. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Sounds as though it could be interesting for abstract-expressionist shots!

Lynn:D

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Like this, you mean?

[​IMG]Amateur Photography spring meeting in OOxford by gray1720, on Flickr

Given how wacky the edges are, it's actually pretty damn sharp in the middle, especially for a meniscus lens and a fixed aperture of no particular smallth.

Adrian

(Oh bugger, steveandthedogs was right. ****!)

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

^That sends my brain into confusion!

6. gray1720

Great, isn't it? I wonder how much I could get flogging the idea to Lomography?

Adrian

7. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Very strange, not only it's being sharp in the centre, but also I quite like the effect.

Think I need help.

S

8. gray1720

You're well past help, sunshine!

Admittedly it's a 6x6 neg, which flatters the sharpness somewhat, but it's still much sharper than expected.

In places, anyway.

Adrian

9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Adrian, it would be great to see that picture in colour. It wouldn't be achromatic would it.

10. gray1720

'fraid it is indeed B&W. The perils of film!

Adrian

11. Chrilly

Chrilly Member

I would be intrigued to see these pictures.

The description reminds me a little of the film "Fuses" by Carolee Schneemann. She also uses dusty and dirty film and layers them on top of each other.

I found her technique quite fascinating.

12. filmlover

filmlover Well-Known Member

Was he tutored by Tracey Emin?