1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Share your "odd but interesting" pictures.

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Jan 5, 2017.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I get a lot of that.

[​IMG]Another Good Night by Tony Evans, on Flickr

Lots of people driving by giving me odd looks. Also, @Bazarchie - that's the Sigma 17-50, pretty sharp and that's f/4.0.

2. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Even churchyards can throw up an interesting shot . . . .

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Me, as well Kath, but, after a bit I, usually, have to ask them to leave ;)

My best (story) was, whilst down in an alley in the skids, I came across a huge salmon
    in the middle of the alley and was using my Tamron 17/3.5 to shoot it (with similar results
    to the tennis ball) and, then, I closed down the aperture a bit and was shooting the junkies
    walking by asking the usual questions and, then, a couple of police officers, whom I knew
    (and vice versa) came down the alley and, of course, I popped off a few shots of them and,
    then, they asked the usual question (what ya doing, Jack?), and I said, I have a camera and
    lens, guess(?) :D They laughed and walked on and later on I make a couple of 8x10's and
    dropped them off the police station and made sure that they were seen by a few other officers
    before they got the pics. I saw them a few weeks later and I asked if they got their photos?
    Yes, they did, but, not before the photos had been photocopied and fiddled with by their
    fellow officers :D We're still friends :)

Cheers,

Jack

Geren and AlanW like this.
  4. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

hand held time exposure in cave taken with other peoples flashes

Zou, willie45, Geren and 2 others like this.
  5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Something I've recently spotted from a couple of years ago
    [​IMG]

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Here's one from 1998 that I found while digitising my print files - Old-boy Racer...

[​IMG]

Zou and Done_rundleCams like this.
  7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

_P9A8143.jpg
    My other half fixing his computer while getting his fix of sports. I only took it because I liked the green glow on the back of the monitor! Tomorrow there's American football. Perhaps
    I'll get a nice red white and blue shot?

8. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I'm glad you didn't go mono or I would have never realised the pink was behind the red....

Done_rundleCams and Geren like this.
  9. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I do remember watching the snooker on a black and white telly in the 70s. I think it was the main reason we finally bought a colour television....long, long, long after everyone else we knew!

Done_rundleCams and spinno like this.
  10. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Same in our house.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Oh well. The computer is apparently fixed and back in its proper place. No gloriousl technicolor backs of monitors for me then. *sad face*

12. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

APĀ²001035.jpg

Aerial Photography?

Lynn

13. Nikonchris

Nikonchris Well-Known Member

Done_rundleCams and Catriona like this.
  14. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

From today...
    [​IMG]

My old molar crown. Removed yesterday. Forty minutes in the chair and half a pint (well it felt that much!) of procaine to numb the right half of my head while she removed it, cleaned out the tooth, made a mould for the new crown and fitted a temporary one. Boy, am I glad that's done. So's she, probably. I do tend to whimper a bit... :oops:

Hmmm, I wonder if she'll let me keep the temporary one when she removes it. And get a picture of the new one before it goes in...