1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Share your "odd but interesting" pictures.

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Do any of you have pictures which don't correspond to "exhibition standards" but still have something intangible that you like? If so, please share them here.

I'll kick off with this...

[​IMG]

2. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

A recent mistake . . . .

[​IMG]

3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hundreds. And thousands. Probably. However, I was working on a project yesterday in Edinburgh, and, as is my wont, was shooting images of the journey home from the car. It's a thing I like to do. Shoot from train windows and the like. Sometimes, like yesterday, I like to experiment with a slow shutter speed, which combined with the movement of the transportation can have some interesting effects. When we got home, the sunset on the water and the people out for one last promenade caught my eye so I nipped out fast to get a couple of shots. Only I forgot to change any settings. Got this. Rather like it.
    lastsun.jpg

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

An un-tweaked Mary through her car window - walking back from the butcher's!
    mary in the rain ap.jpg

6. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Done_rundleCams, Catriona and Geren like this.
  7. Catriona

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  8. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

AP²001061.jpg

Sunset at 140km/h.......

Lynn

Done_rundleCams and EightBitTony like this.
  9. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Rockin' Robin.........;)

[​IMG]

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Seriously spooky, last night was pondering posting exactly this thread - pictures you like despite not being 'right' or being 'odd.' :eek:

11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

steveandthedogs likes this.
  12. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Only 1? :)

20160423-7DM2-3541_x1600_hq.jpg

I took a lot of pictures of this, on the day in question, and none of them are properly in focus, and each of them has something that just ruins the picture a little, but I liked this one.

13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

At the Tokyo National Museum. Plenty of photogenic artifacts on display, but I shoot the phone and fire extinguisher. Nice walls too. :)

14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

A couple more from Japan - shared before but still making me chuckle:

[​IMG]

And of course who can explain what the multipurpose bed is being used for in the pictogram?
    [​IMG]

:D

15. Catriona

Aargh!! I don't know about chuckle! They make my toes curl. :eek:o_O

Done_rundleCams and Zou like this.
  16. Catriona

Love this. Totally bemused by it all and full of questions! The wall looks like a lace cloth over whatever surface is underneath. The telephone still reminds me of a cheeky engineer who took mine away after it was affected by a lightning strike. The plate on the floor - drain or power socket? and the gorgeous fire extinguisher. Well, the whole thing would keep me occupied and thinking for a long time!! Well done! :)

Zou likes this.
  17. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Just having a Mark Rothko moment . . . .

[​IMG]

Zou, Andrew Flannigan and Catriona like this.
  18. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Geez, I think about 99% of my photos would classified as "odd, but interesting pictures" :eek: … but, here's, from December 31st. albeit pre Midnight Madness ;), ….

Dec31-16-AP-Sat-JS011059 copy.jpg

It just seemed out of place on a major shopping street in Vancouver, on NYE :eek:
    As well, I'm glad the people in background are OOF, cuz, they were giving me
    some "odd, but, interesting looks" ;)

Cheers,

Jack

19. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Where possible, I like to try and get the people giving me odd but intersting looks, to let me take a photograph of them to go alongside my odd but interesting photos. Sometimes they refuse of course, because it's perfectly fine to gawp at me but not the other way around, but mostly they are quite happy to be included in my mad little world. I've heard some fascinating stories from people this way!

Done_rundleCams and AlanW like this.
  20. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I took this one about 4 years ago in Belfast. I really wish I'd managed to get the full circle in.

[​IMG]The Fire Dancer.jpg by beatnik69, on Flickr

Done_rundleCams likes this.