1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seriously ill-advised digital camera modes

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by KarenS, Mar 20, 2014.

1. KarenS

KarenS Online Manager

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

It's not April 1st yet, is it? These are real?

3. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

Movie

....but, of course, digital camera modes are only ill-advised in relation to individual users. I am sure there are some who actually use the Movie Mode.

My wife shoots exhibition-quality photographs with a Nikon Coolpix compact camera that has a mode called "auto scene" of something like that. It apparently analyses the scene and chooses from umpteen specific "scene modes" the one best suited to the shot that she is about to take. It has the advantage that she simply never has to press any button on her camera other than the shutter release. And her Jpegs print up to A3+ to provide prints that get selected for RPS exhibitions.

Sometimes I think that we "knowledgeable" guys just make things difficult for ourselves 99% of the time. It is really only the other 1% where our superior knowledge and technique reflects in the final print.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
  4. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

The Humour Police won't like this...... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

5. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

They can always dye their hair blonde in an attempt to improve themselves. Thinks ... are their any cameras out their with a blonde mode?

6. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

Probably shouldn't have googled "camera blonde mode".

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Well the Samsung clown face one is, I have a camera with it on. Given to me by AP... ;)

8. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

I'm not saying anything ;)

Yes, I realise that I just did.

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a game built in to the Pentax K-r that only worked when paired to another K-r?

10. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Manual

Well for most dSLR owners it is...... :D

11. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

I'd be more interested to know if there are cameras out there with a blonde model ... :p

But perhaps not, bearing in mind what blonde moggles are like these days. :rolleyes:

12. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Oh yes. The "Duelling Images" game.

13. Hammer_Drum

Hammer_Drum Active Member

Hahaha I love this post.
    It's so painfully accurate!

14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Perhaps - but I use manual on my DSLR for >99%. To each their own.

15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I keep forgetting to Youtube that and see how it worked. Any firsthand experience Mark?

16. Hammer_Drum

Hammer_Drum Active Member

I fear my post may have gone over your head.

17. Eyelevel

Eyelevel New Member

Where's the one with the "hot cup of tea" mode surely someone has made one some where in the world.