1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

September 2009 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by TheFatControlleR, Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of September 2009. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of September 2009.

Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

Thame Road, Aylesbury.

[​IMG]

Toodle pip! Andrew

3. josie

josie Well-Known Member

Gladioli

[​IMG]
    I was going to go out with my camera, but the heavens just opened and the light went dull, so I shot this in the conservatory.
    1st September, 16:20
    Canon 450D, EF 100 mm lens, with +4 close~up filter. 1/80, F5.6, on~camera flash,

4. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Trouble with my de-humidifier today - but it's nice to know that in this electronic and computerized age there are still some things you can fix by giving them a good thump! :)

[​IMG]

16:50ish, 1st of September, 2009 - at home in Dorset.

5. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Took the nipper to Morecambe this morning - last time I was there was on a scooter in about 1980. Glorious sunshine on the way there, weather turned to persisting once we arrived!

Still, any excuse to go and have a Costa coffee... ;)

[​IMG]

6. chr1s

chr1s Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

gearbox change day, unfortunately it was to windy so it's been put back... hey ho, maybe next time!

7. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

[​IMG]
    My apples are ready for eating, my garden, Devon, 1 Sep 09, 17:45

8. Wheelman

Wheelman Well-Known Member

About 4pm on afternoon constitutional and spotted this so snapped with R6....

[​IMG]

9. snowqueen

snowqueen Well-Known Member

Re:Time for tea!

The local co op around 6ish A few bits for tea, kebabs and custard, for the homemade crumble of course! ;) [​IMG]

10. Aliera

Aliera Well-Known Member

New hobby. :)

Because I do not wish to be rolling down the aisle... :D
    [​IMG]

Clean gear ready for the morning.
    D70, outside my bedroom, about ten minutes ago. :)

11. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Gardening rained-off.

Heavy showers all afternoon.
    [​IMG]

12. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Rearranging my room so I can move the Pachinko to a place so it's easier to service and play... Now to clear the bed before bed...
    [around 1958 + shrinking time]

G>

13. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Dusing inside my PC about 10am....
    [​IMG]

No wonder it was making so much noise :eek:

14. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Lunchtime, Alderley Edge

[​IMG]

Just stopped to go to the bank on my way back to work.

1st Sept 12.35pm, Fuji Z1. :) Lisa.

15. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

Shadows

[​IMG]

Shadows in the corridor of the office, 08:43.

16. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Dark Nights

Definitely seems to be getting darker earlier - this was the view around 8.30PM last night through into my back garden. Taken with the Nikon D80 and a Sigma 17-70mm

[​IMG]

17. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

New car

About 6 p.m. outside my house - first view (in the rain) of my shiny new Toyota. [​IMG]

18. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Another office view

[​IMG]
    A view of my new office from Mount Salève (Haute-Savoie (Fr) just outside Geneva). :D

Taken at 11am BST and my office can clearly be seen just left of centre (left of the big black building (Rolex) and left of the yellow building (a yoghurterie)).

19. Ephemeral

Ephemeral Well-Known Member

Backyard - new LX3

[​IMG]

Taken with my new LX3 on the wide end - only resized in GIMP

ISO80
    F7.1
    1/160

20. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Sunshine and Showers

[​IMG]
    Sunshine and Showers

Am on holiday in Tetford and had difficulty choosing a pic for this month's FirstView as the day was so changeable. I have shots from the morning with bright sunlight over golden fields and shots from late afternoon where it was absolutely peeing it down. So this is the inbetween stage, where I'd set up my shelter in preparation and the clouds had started looming and showers speckling.

Date & Time: 01 September 2009, 16:42:26
    Location: Tetford Country Cottages, Tetford, Lincolnshire LN9 6QQ
    Camera: Canon Powershot S3 IS
    Notes: ISO400, Manual: f2.7, 1/8s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.