1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

September, 2008 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of September, 2008. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of September, 2008. Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'POSTING IMAGES' sticky post, which can be found in the Appraisal Gallery).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the new FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. Dave_Cox

Dave_Cox Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Experimenting with my new 10-17mm

3. Aliera

Aliera Well-Known Member

New hat!

[​IMG]

:D

4. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

Re: Cosy Socks

[​IMG]

Fujifilm S5 Pro, 50mm @f1.4

5. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Night Light

Child's night light reflecting on the shiny wood of the cot.

Canon EOS 10D + Vivitar 100mm macro

[​IMG]

6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

[​IMG]
    Hurrying to work. 7.35 at St Pancras.

7. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

After the Steam Fair

A steam engine going home past my house after the Great Dorset Steam Fair - be a lot of this today, tomorrow too.

[​IMG]

Fuji F610, 1st of September, 11:02am, near Blandford in Dorset.

8. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Knitted Slippers

[​IMG]

Nokia phone
    Midday
    (Knitted by SWMBO two days ago)

9. ArchieAlpha

ArchieAlpha New Member

[​IMG]

"Oh the agony of choice. Lol"

10. metalplaster

metalplaster Well-Known Member

Dawn breaks over Huddersfield. 7:30am, on my way to work. Nokia N73.

[​IMG]

11. josie

josie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Tidied up the flower tubs in the front garden earlier this morning. This was the last glad standing up and most had been ravaged by caterpillars, so I cut them all down. This one hasn't reached the recycle bin yet.
    Samsung D75
    Taken indoors, window light. Slight crop and sharpened in CS2

12. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Dumped!

Obviously the kiddy didn't want this anymore! :(

[​IMG]

13. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

You can't start off the afternoon without a nice mug of tea, tasting especially lovely from the AP Mug!

[​IMG]

Taken at 13:50 on 1st Sept 08 in the office with a Canon 10D sporting a 35mm f2.8 M42 fit lens with a Canon adaptor.

14. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

Classical Ironing..

..rather than extreme ironing.

[​IMG]

Currently hurt and recovering from my cycle accident, I managed to do some ironing (painfully) whilst watching a video of the Vaughan Williams prom from the weekend.

15. Rustyknight

Rustyknight Well-Known Member

Nearly 3000 miles pedalled since the end of April, with still no idea where I'm going....... The bike does look better than me though! :D

This was taken on arriving back home after riding 34 miles this morning.

[​IMG]

16. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

[​IMG]
    This is Justin nicking coffee from my office again because he's too bl**dy lazy to get it from the canteen.

17. Panda_

Panda_ Well-Known Member

Just another rainy monday morning

[​IMG]

18. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Picking up monthly prescription from the vets.

Also trying out HDR thingy which certainly brings out the shadow detail (also noise :rolleyes: )

19. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Orange wine, just starting to ferment after the yeast was added yesterday.

20. 4BIKER2

4BIKER2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Took at 6.15 this morning. Finaly paid off the mortgage, but the deeds are so damp, must have been kept in a dungon. Drying out in the sun. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.