1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD Cards - next day delivery and cheap

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Amateur, May 24, 2006.

1. Amateur

Amateur Well-Known Member

Can I just ask where people buy their memory cards from online

I'm after next day or 48 hour delivery for a 1Gb SD card - and for a good price

So far around £18 Memory Megastore

Is it worth going for a 'brand' or high speed option ? - i.e will I notice much difference ?

Thanks - bit of a novice to digital

Tom

2. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

I'm afraid that I only buy Sandisk or Lexar middle-range cards. Be aware that there are fake Sandisk cards going around.

3. eirikhj

eirikhj Well-Known Member

I prefer to buy my Kingston or Sandisk cards at ebuyer. Ok price and good service.

4. Bought two "own brand" SD cards from 7 day shop.

One I have had for five months with nary a problem. Just invested my £13.99 in a 1gb card, so I have no doubts.

I think brand loyalty is similar in all lines of country.
    Supermarket petrol for one - remember the tales of water in the petrol? I've always used cheap petrol with no problems.

On the other hand I think a lot of free film is rubbish & stick religiously to Fuji. I feel the same about tomato sauce, mustard & orange juice! (I pay more for certain brands)

I think the jury still out on cheap cards - if they were unreliable, then there would be postings here, warning us. Depends on how important your next batch of photos are to you. David earns his living by them, so I agree with his judgement if paying more gives him that extra degree of security.

Paul

5. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

With prices chopping and changing even within the span of a week, by the time someone contacts the 'cheapest' supplier, their prices could well be different and another supplier under-cut them, defeating the whole object of the exercise of getting the cheapest price available!

6. Moos3h

Moos3h Well-Known Member

I use www.bigpockets.co.uk - Very good and a great price!

Delivery was next day too, despite being told it was 2-3 days!

Cheers,
    James

7. Amateur

Amateur Well-Known Member

..........and they sell beef jerky ?!!?!?

8. Moos3h

Moos3h Well-Known Member

...another plus!

Cheers,
    James

9. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

I used a 'no name' cheap 1G card in my 7D and it didn't work properly. Minolta or Konica-Minolta or Sony :) have tested certain cards and say that they are compatible with their camera. Sandisk and Lexar are included.

7day exchanged the 'no name' for a Sandisk without question - there was a price differential of course.

MickLL