1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Saul Leiter Foundation

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by AlanW, Nov 21, 2017.

1. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Catriona and peterba like this.
  2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this - I've liked Leiter's work for a long time, but I was unaware of this website.
    I suppose I should have guessed that there would be such a site for his work... (but I hadn't:rolleyes:).

3. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

I can't remember now how I discovered Saul Leiter's work, it might have been through his book, "Early Color" or Thomas Leach's documentary (trailer below), something I watch every now and again, especially on cold winter nights!

In the documentary you see Margit Erb, the founder and director of the Saul Leiter Foundation, and she assisted Leiter for over 18 years so she know him pretty well!.

If you're at a lose end you might enjoy this talk Margit Erb gave in 2016:

peterba likes this.
  4. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Thanks again! I'm looking forward to watching that.

AlanW likes this.
  5. djnumberone

djnumberone Member

Thanks for posting!

AlanW likes this.