1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung PL211 14MP Camera HELP

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by maryamck, Aug 31, 2011.

1. maryamck

maryamck New Member

I recently purchased this camera the Samsung PL211 14MP Camera and i am finding the quality of the pictures very poor. I used to have a 8MP camera which produced higher quality images. Just wondering if anyone could provide me with decent settings for this camera which would produce high quality images. Or explain why this camera might be doing this? The card used to store the pictures is a SanDisk 4GB Micro SDHC card. Thanks

2. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Can I ask what model your 8MP camera was?

Do you print your images? Or upload only?

"very poor" can you be more precise?

It should have nothing to do with the memory card. All image are digital therefore media is not a issue.

Could be your JPG quality level ie some default to normal and you have to select fine or superfine.

It will mean less image per memory card though.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I had not heard of this so I googled the camera and, although price isn't everything, this is currently £99.99 from Argos so I wouldn't expect the world of it.

4. maryamck

maryamck New Member

Norcent Camera. ATM i am just uploading them onto the computer. I find the quality not at sharp as the 8MB camera and look slightly blured even tho the lens the clean and the camera is kept still

5. P_Stoddart

Would this be the DC860?

6. maryamck

maryamck New Member

Sorry not 100% on the model number, why would that matter?

7. P_Stoddart

Makes it easier to search for and look up specs.

Should be on the camera somewhere like underneath in small writing.