1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Samsung NX100: FIRST LOOK

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by CSBC, Sep 27, 2010.

1. CSBC

CSBC RIP (News Editor)

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Once again I started to read with a bit of interest, right up until the EVF info (where I gave up reading the original announcement). Seriously, 200k dot? How can that possibly compete with the Olympus/Panasonic 1.44 million dot finders? Or am I missing something?

3. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Despite the welcome addition of a hotshoe I would still like to see an integrated flash.

4. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I must say my samsung phones AMOLED screen is an absolute corker. Nice to see it on the back of this unit.

5. T_Sargeant

T_Sargeant Well-Known Member

Mmmm... wait 'til you get one in your hands. I don't think I've ever found a camera before where my immediate response was *ughh!*

[EDIT] Also, isn't this technically their *third* Micro System Camera? There was the NX5 (though admittedly it was more a downgraded 10) [/EDIT]

6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

I saw an NX10 today in a Comet store...no lens and probably no battery...it was quite light...so light I nearly dropped the thing and set the alarm off....... :eek:

7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

today I picked one up with a lens on...still quite light...thank you PC World...but I wanna pick an NX100 up just to see you understand

8. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

By coincidence I picked one up at Jessies in Pbro. Must admit the focusing was very rapid. In fact I had a play with the NX100, NEX5, Pen (something or other) and the Pany GF1. Out of all 4 I liked the NX100 and NEX5 the best, but the NEX5 just looked odd. Not sure if I would buy any of them though :D

BTW I didn't get any hassle at all, just nice to have a play. All cameras fully working with lens and power.