1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung 23" HD monitor's OSD malfunctioning

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Rupert49, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Rupert49

Rupert49 Well-Known Member

My 9 year-old Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23" LCD wide screen HD monitor has suddenly developed a fault that I am unable to resolve.

The colours have suddenly become super saturated (horrid) and the brightness has crept up above the 50% I usually work with.

Adjustments via the OSD (on screen display) for Picture (brightness, contrast, sharpness, etc.) and Colour appear to have been disabled. This means that I am unable to calibrate my screen, either arbitrarily by eye or by using my Spyder 3 Pro.

My first thought was to contact Samsung via an email address on their website. All searches there point to the same page, where I enter the device (PC Monitor), the type (LCD) and the model name/number (SyncMaster P2350). At this point I am unable to proceed any further because it doesn't recognise its own model of monitor.

Urgent advice would be much appreciated, before I make a decision as to the future of the monitor (replace?).

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Does this help?

http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber...884274!1541499707357&from_osc=&ia_cd=N0050732

3. Rupert49

Thanks for this, Nick. Sorry to say, having followed the instruction in the link to the letter, absolutely nothing happened. The screen didn't blink, the Picture and Colour facilities are still greyed out and inactive.

There is a 'Setup & Reset' facility that is still active. I wonder if I should bite the bullet and go for a Reset .. things can't really get any worse!

4. Rupert49

Bingo! I've had a bit of a play around with the control parameters and have discovered that, rather than being on what Samsung refer to as their 'MagicBright' setting, I can select 'Customise'. Having done that I now have full manual control over all settings once again. All I need to do now is calibrate the screen with the Spyder.

Scphoto and Benchista like this.
  5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Excellent, that's good news indeed.