1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Amateur Photographer magazine online community.

Why not create an account and take advantage of this free resource.

Sad Story-- left with just the Case

Discussion in 'Leica Camera Chat' started by PeteE, Jul 15, 2019.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Visited Thorpe Park in Surrey some years ago and had camera bag on ground next to me while sitting by Car eating Lunch when a car roared round and door opened and a Bloke leaned out and snatched up camera bag containing my LEICA IIIa + 50mm f3.5 Elmar, Westom Master III and 2 Prakitica lenses I was looking after !! police siad they had 'Done ' a Posh BMW in Car park as well . BE CAREFUL if you go to Thorpe Park, Surrey. Now I want to sell teh LEICA IIIa case to get some money back as I had camera only for about 3 weeks.
    £8 + Postage if you cannot collect from BRENTWOOD Essex Cheque OR PayPal accepted
    Leica IIIa case 01.JPG Leica IIIa case 02.JPG

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Some people are total bastards...:mad:

Sorry to hear you've had such woes...:(

3. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Case NOW SOLD !

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Glad to hear it. Saves me reminding you there is no for sale/wanted on the forum.;)

And sorry to hear about the theft. I hope karma pays them back.

5. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

You've been very unlucky, and I suspect the kit was quickly disposed of online. Did you look on eBay?

Something like this happened to a friend of mine a few years ago, and when he claimed on his household 'all risks' cover for valuable items outside of the home (most policies offer this, usually with a limit for £1,000 - £2,000), he was asked if the camera was covered or 'on display'. Even though he was in the car at the time, since the camera was not covered and not 'on his person' his claim not paid.

I got in the habit years ago of putting my camera case on the floor behind the driver's seat and having an old 'car blanket' over the seat and the camera case whenever the camera is not 'on my person'. This also avoids it flying around in the car if I do an emergency stop.