1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 Pro batteries

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by JoeM1, Nov 21, 2014.

1. JoeM1

JoeM1 Member

Hi
    I bought myself a Finepix S3 Pro a few months ago, partly on a whim as it looked to be in good condition for the price, plus I also have Nikon film cameras so it would be compatible with the same lenses (though my main digital camera is a Canon). Anyway despite its lower pixel count and being quite old now I really like using the camera and have been pleased with the results, the only real issue is the life of the batteries. I have been using disposable AA's and they are good for maybe 120-150 shots, what I wondered was if I would get more life from a set of rechargeables, such as the Eneloops? In fairness, the last set were sitting in the camera body while I didn't use it for a few weeks, and I guess they discharge all the time. Have heard that Eneloops hold their charge for considerable periods.
    Thanks
    Joe

2. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

I use Hybrios, which are much the same as Eneloop and they are excellent for that sort of usage. Someone even did comparison tests: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/24756026

Old kit is still as useful as it was when it was new. Every so often I yank out my Coolpix E990 (which also runs on Hybrios) and take a shot or two...

[​IMG]

...and a little more seriously...

[​IMG]

3. JoeM1

JoeM1 Member

Thank you for the reply; I had never heard of that type of battery before. They seem quite reasonably priced, enough to get the charger and some spare sets also. I got 'burnt' buying rechargeable batteries from ebay in the past; bought them with the wall charger, but they were obviously plan AA batteries with no intention on being charged again! I wouldn't want that to happen again.

On the subject of batteries, though not AA, the battery pack in my Canon 600D seems to go on forever!