1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Rules of photography' - a budding anthology

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Monobod, May 14, 2007.

1. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Or go broke fast!

2. NorthernMonkey

NorthernMonkey Well-Known Member

All my best photos seem to be taken with either my 50mm lens, or 85mm when I'm taking pictures of people. If I could only carry one lens about with me, it would be the 50mm f/1.8 canon plastic fantastic every time.

I went out today and used this exlusively, despite carting the rest of the lenses round in a bag, and I'm quite pleased with the pictures I took.

3. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Its said of HCB that 90% or better of his published work was made with a 50mm lens

There's a lot to be said for prime lenses, they remove the tempation to fiddle about and you soon get to know exactly where you need to stand before raising the camera to your eye - very useful for SP :)

4. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I took my 50mm F1.7 to the Christmas Dickens weekend and took quite a few good candid shots of the parade. Didn't really miss the zoom after a while.