1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rubbish thread

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by lfc1892, Aug 1, 2021.

1. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]litter table by lfc-1892, on Flickr

thought i'd just bang anything new in the series in here rather than a new thread for every shot..

Quite like the one above, although it doesn't have the ultra high contrasty lighting I often use. So not sure if it'll fit the series unless I have a selection of each and transition from one to the other as the series flows.

Zou and Dan S like this.
  2. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Are there any more legs supporting the table top?

3. lfc1892

haha yeh i did think that and to be honest, I can't remember.

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm not sure anything like this is going to stand up as a single image, I think they only work as a broader commentary / set. There's nothing interesting in the image visually, and it's not a pleasant subject you can hang an emotion off.

You have a better eye than me, and often your execution is superb, but I've got a hard disk littered with images like this where all the geometry in the world won't save us from the fact that it's a picture of a dirty table.

Sure, shapes, triangles, lines and so it's composed well, but it's a photograph of grime.

You said it yourself, "doesn't have the ultra high contrasty lighting I often use".

5. lfc1892

Oh i agree entirely, which is why I’m only perhaps using it as part of this series, and even then only if it fits the overall aesthetic of the high contrast, which I’m not sure it does. Defo not a stand alone shot.

Zou likes this.
  6. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

I feel it needs something else to be more than just what we can see. Whereas the last one had some mystery, this one lacks that. It's a difficult thing to find rubbish that is interesting, but Ive never looked for it myself. There has to be more out there :)