1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roger Hicks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Andrew Flannigan, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Yes; and I enjoy his light hearted presentation. Have you seen the one about lettuce, and how our weather affects sales?

Catriona likes this.
  2. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

8% solids, not fat seems about right. Processed milk tastes totally different to straight from the cow. Raw milk tastes much sweeter.

Catriona likes this.
  3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

No, not seen any of them. I like watching MasterChef but we spend half of the time shouting abuse at him through the TV.
    Farage and Wallace, side by side. Only allowed to slap one. Which would it be?

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Oh, Wallace. Smug mug insincerity personified.

peterba likes this.
  5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

A stall in a local market actually sells raw milk. It's not a lot of use to me anyway though as I use very little milk, the smallest pack is 2 pints, which would have gone sour before I would even have used half of it.

6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I'd use Wallace's face to bludgeon Farage... Job done.

7. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Bang on, Nige!! Surprisingly easy, innit? :D

8. peterba

Surely - when stood side by side - you might, with a bit of care, get 'two for the price of one'...? ;)

I must say, though, that for me, there's no contest here. While GW certainly is fairly annoying, at least he isn't a total ******* ****. :)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  9. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I didn't take this thread long to wander off subject...
    Next time AP finds itself with a page to fill at short notice, I'd suggest a reprint of one of Roger's older contributions.

10. peterba

Yes, I just can't understand it. It's never happened before... ;)

dream_police and Catriona like this.
  11. Catriona

Roger wouldn't have minded.

peterba and dream_police like this.
  12. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

FTFY?

peterba, dream_police and Catriona like this.
  13. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Roger was often the chief instigator of turning a thread off topic. He could turn anything around to his favourite 'B' word. Whether Roger had any early indication of his medical condition I don't know, but getting so het up as he did about 'B' didn't do him much good. Whatever views are about anything, good health beats all.

peterba and Catriona like this.
  14. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

He may have got het up about Brexit, but that is because he cared deeply about the EU.
    From my experience of pancreatic cancer, the symptoms are difficult to spot as cancer. I suspect he only really noticed the problem when it affected his liver. I doubt if his thoughts about Brexit had much effect on anything.

S

15. peterba

You can say that again, Steve. :D

steveandthedogs and Catriona like this.
  16. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

It’s been a bit since I’ve visited the forum, and just logged in to read the sad news

I respected roger (maybe not at first) but having read his posts, it was clear to see the passion he had, and it was always a joy to read his posts, even if I didn’t agree with him at times.

Mark101, saxacat and Benchista like this.
  17. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

This week's printed AP carries many tributes to Roger.

Mark101 and daft_biker like this.
  18. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I have just looked in and am disapointed the way this thread has gone, I miss Roger's presence here very much, for those thing's we agreed upon , and even more for those things we disagreed upon. Roger deserves better than the trivia now being posted.

GeoffR and frank1 like this.
  19. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Can I ask again, does anyone know about the funeral/service arrangements for Roger ??????

20. Catriona

Mark101 likes this.