1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robert Blomfield: Edinburgh Street Photography - An Unseen Archive

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by AlanW, Nov 23, 2018.

1. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

The exhibition opens tomorrow in the City Art Centre in Market Street. . . . . exhibition details here.

And there's an interesting video about Robert here for those who want to know more.

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Delightful.

AlanW likes this.
  3. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

There was a steady stream of locals and tourists wandering through when I was in this morning,
    and lots of favourable comments in the visitor book!

So well worth a visit for anyone who happens to be in Edinburgh, and especially for those around
    in the 60's.

DSC0780 Robert Blomfield.jpg

Zou and Catriona like this.
  4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Finally got around to visiting. A few stunning photos but quite a mixed bunch. Seemed really popular compared to numbers in the portrait gallery...

AlanW likes this.
  5. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

I've been a few times and noticed it's very popular with folk who wouldn't normally go to a photo exhibition, mostly locals who were around in the 60's and go for the nostalgia. I heard one of the attendants say it was the most popular exhibition they've had in years. Worth remembering Robert was a student so probably wasn't much older than 20 or 21 at the time!

Up next at the portrait gallery: Robert Mapplethorpe , Diane Arbus and Francesca Woodman . . . . although I've a feeling I've probably seen them all before. . . . well maybe not the Arbus!

6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

The SNPG show is an Artist Rooms one so there's a good chance you'll have seen at least some of it before. It'll focus mostly on their self portraiture so could be a bit dark for a summer show.

AlanW likes this.