1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Dame Diana Rigg

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gray1720, Sep 10, 2020.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54106509

I was too young for the original runs of the Avengers but the 1980s re-runs when I was at a malleable age made a lasting impression.

I wonder if I can find "A Touch of Brimstone" anywhere to watch tonight? Now *that* was television!

2. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Great shame, just saw her the other week in OHMSS, and also looking forward to seeing her in All Creatures.

3. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Thank you Dame Diana Rigg for the Hellfire Club episode... *happy sigh*

RIP.

emmaleather.jpeg

DaveM399 likes this.
  4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I was of an impressionable age when I saw her in the Avengers. I was duly impressed. Of course she matured into a serious actor, but I remember her as Mrs Peel.

5. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

RIP

Although I was quite young at the time I did enjoy the Avengers. I caught part of an episode earlier this week, the stunts were certainly dated, but it was still enjoyable.

6. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Ah, Emma Peel.

Later explained to Ms Rigg as a play on M Appeal, ie Man Appeal - her (secondary?) purpose in the programme...

7. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

I only really remember her from GOT (game of thrones)

She was born not far from where I’m from.

RIP.

8. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

The only Bond girl to marry James. RIP

RovingMike likes this.
  9. Jimbo57

Jimbo57 Well-Known Member

One thing that none of the official obituaries seem to mention is the immense amount of charity work she did in and around Dunblane while (and after) she was married to Archie Stirling. (Son of SAS founder James Stirling and father of actress Rachel Stirling)

10. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Now that I didn't know, Jimbo. I knew the Stirling connection (though wasn't it David Stirling?), but not about the charity work.

11. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Diana Rigg was married to Archibald Stirling, son of William Stirling, the brother of David Stirling. David Stirling was the founder of the SAS.

Rachel Stirling is the daughter of Archibald Stirling and Diana Rigg