1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right angle viewfinder

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Bazarchie, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Any recommendations for a 3rd part right angled viewfinder? It will be rarely used so the Canon version is far too expensive for me. There used to be lots available but I suppose flip screens mean far less demand.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I bought the Canon one! I can’t say I use it that often but when I use a tripod I’d rather have the camera low and use the finder. One nuisance is that adaptors (2) are needed to fit different eyepieces, I need both but can never remember which fits which camera.

Bazarchie likes this.
  3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I have bought a Chinese version which is reasonable but not perfect. The eyepiece connector is very tight which means it is secure but makes it very difficult to remove. The view through the viewfinder is acceptable but not as good as the camera viewfinder. Switching the magnification from 1.25 to 2.5 means having to change the Dioptric adjustment substantially.

Do you have these issues with the Canon version?

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It wobbles a bit, so not as tight as you have. I have to focus it if that’s what you mean by dioptric adjustment. I’ve not noticed focus change with magnification but I tend to use only the lower setting.

Bazarchie likes this.