1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Ricoh GRIII

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Blurred Vision, May 23, 2020.

1. Blurred Vision

Blurred Vision New Member

Hi, I'm a bit of a novice but I'm about to jump in to photography as a main hobby and want to know what members here think of this camera. Basically, I'm looking for a camera that's completely portable, takes better photos than a smartphone and so far I've shortlisted the GRIII and the Fuji XF10.

What do other members think about these cameras? I tried a search and nothing came up.

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I don't have either so can't comment, but welcome aboard.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. The cameras are of a kind and reviews tend to compare them. The determinant in taking a “good” photograph is the photographer. Equipment can make this easier and, technically spoken, some photographs do need certain equipment to achieve an effect. That is why interchangeable lens cameras are the mainstay of photography. I’d look at a s/h Fuji XT-2 or XT-20 with the 18-55 lens that usually shipped with the bodies as a kit. That’s if you can get on with those cameras. People like or dislike particular models. You have to like using the camera or you won’t.

4. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle Well-Known Member

5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Or even a Fuji X-T10 and the 35mm XF. No zoom, but pocketable [in a coat pocket].

S

6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Bit hard at the moment but if you possibly can try them first and see how they handle. It can make a lot of difference to the enjoyment of using it.

The only Fuji I have used is their film so I''m not a lot of help, but I've yet to meet a photographer who hasn't liked their Fuji, mind you, I'm not sure I've ever chatted to a Ricoh owner...

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

There is quite a big technology jump between the XT-1 (&10) and XT-2 (&20) and again to the XT-3 (&30) which are still current (just). There some good deals on XT-3 at the moment as they clear stock for the XT-4.

steveandthedogs likes this.