1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retrieving film from canister to develop.

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Bone_Idle, Nov 27, 2008.

1. zx9

zx9 Well-Known Member

Excuse me as I go off topic.

Not a problem Nick,
    1. These days, the nice new film is in a sealed cardboard box.
    2. A habit I aquired in the days of home loaded film and using 'pro-packs', I always rip the end of the leader on removing the film from the camera, you don't need a pen or marker, it takes a second to do and can not be reversed or accidently rubbed out.

As an aside, the last roll I processed was so badly reverse curved I could hardly get it on the spiral, there is no way I could have accidently re-used it.

Still every one adopts their own procedures, which often seem odd to others. :)

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Ah, well I've never carried boxes out and about with me - too much bulk and waste to deal with. I do try to use a CD marker pen to write what each film is on the outside of the canister (for Fuji), and then try to remember to cross it through when I've finished, but it never worked too well for Ilford pots, so I often repotted it in Fuji-style ones. That way you can see through the cannister if the film is used or not by the presence or absence of a leader. At least that's the way I've done it.

3. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

The Ilford bottle opener thing works quite well, but it is possible to ram your thumb into the light trap and prise it open.

4. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

Done that too, not sure what the blood did to the soup but my thumb took ages to recover.

5. OLDFELLA

OLDFELLA In the Stop Bath

Kodak, use tool. Ilford, place extension of cannister onto bench inside of bag. Grip sides of cannister and push down. VOILA