1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replicating a Lightroom preset in Photoshop

Discussion in 'Digital Image Editing & Printing' started by Barney, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I've just done a shoot which I'm converting to black & white via a Lightroom preset. A few of the shots are going to require removing some elements from each shot in Photoshop though so I've a few options in terms of ways of doing this.

I'm presuming that I should any cloning in Photoshop with the full file rather than on the converted black & white image which will also have quite a bit of grain added.

I can obviously just reimport the TIFF into Lightroom and apply the preset in there, but I'm wondering whether there's a way of either importing a Lightroom preset as an action into Photoshop (I doubt it as Presets work with raw files while Actions don't) or is there was an easy way of extracting what the preset actually does and then replicating it in Photoshop manually?

2. Meredith

Meredith Well-Known Member

Could you not note down the slider values of the grayscale mix (I am assuming ACR converts to grayscale the same way as Lightroom) and use a B&W adjustment layer in Photoshop to try and replicate those slider positions?

3. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I had thought of that, but was wary of missing something out as I wouldn't be able to see everything the Preset was doing. If there was someway to read the preset like you can an action (which doesn't merge layers) then I could, but I don't know if there is.