1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Reminder - FirstView Day coming up

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Feb 25, 2010.

1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

FirstView day approaching again - Monday. You know the drill. Marks will be deducted for any photos depicting dudes with baggy trousers round their arses snowboarding. ;) [But extra points if any of our Vancouver-based FirstViewers manage to get a pic of Chemmy Alcott! :)]

Other than that you're free, as usual, to photograph whatever you spend the day doing. [​IMG]

About FirstView
    FirstView Gallery site

[/QUOTE]

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

So no pics of you, then?

[​IMG]

3. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Actually, I suspect that of being a fake. [​IMG]

Anyhow, I am quite certain I shall not be snowboarding on Monday, so if anyone does produce such a picture, claiming it to be of me, we shall know. Recriminations will be swift, extensive, and brutally effective. :)

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Oooh is that our lovely Huw-ey's head?! :D Ive never seen him before, I always imagine him as a daffodil, on a bench :eek:

5. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well, the second part is accurate enough. But I never have anything to do with daffodils - you don't know where they've been! ;)

[Okay, I occasionally wear one on the 1st of March - but I make sure I pick it myself straight from the garden! :)]

6. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

You look like Everett True :)

7. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Kenny? :eek: :)

[​IMG]

8. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Oh - someone called 'Everett True' - didn't get that earlier. Never heard of him, I'm afraid. Is he devastatingly good looking, talented, brain the size of a planet, etc.? Yes, he does sound a bit like me. ;)

9. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

:D

Everett True/ET/The Legend! - used to work for NME/MM when I was growing up, then did Careless Talk, Plan B.

10. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Ah - you learn something every day! :)

Want to guess how many of the bands he's recommending on that site I've actually heard of? <font color="#dddddd"> Subtle clue: it's a very round number. ;)

11. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

ah thats understandable :D The Undertones are on there though, which is a coincidence as Id just flicked from the Carpenters to the Undertones when I clicked on his blog :) Now I look, he's got Kate Nash, Hole, Pavement... Huw are you still in 1856 or somewhere? :D He's even got C*ldpl*y on there, even if only to say this :D

12. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Okay - I do remember them. :) Just hadn't noticed the reference to them on his blog.

Who? :D

Nope.

Errr... :eek:

Well, probably more like 1976. The world might have moved on, but I didn't see any reason to! ;)

Hit it, Rory:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKaiHamPT54&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKaiHamPT54&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Oh dear Huw...

Still, at least you didnt put...

[​IMG]