1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reminder - FirstView Day coming up

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by huwevans, Feb 25, 2010.

1. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

FirstView day approaching again - Monday. You know the drill. Marks will be deducted for any photos depicting dudes with baggy trousers round their arses snowboarding. ;) [But extra points if any of our Vancouver-based FirstViewers manage to get a pic of Chemmy Alcott! :)]

Other than that you're free, as usual, to photograph whatever you spend the day doing. [​IMG]

About FirstView
    FirstView Gallery site

[/QUOTE]

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

So no pics of you, then?

[​IMG]

3. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Actually, I suspect that of being a fake. [​IMG]

Anyhow, I am quite certain I shall not be snowboarding on Monday, so if anyone does produce such a picture, claiming it to be of me, we shall know. Recriminations will be swift, extensive, and brutally effective. :)

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Oooh is that our lovely Huw-ey's head?! :D Ive never seen him before, I always imagine him as a daffodil, on a bench :eek:

5. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Well, the second part is accurate enough. But I never have anything to do with daffodils - you don't know where they've been! ;)

[Okay, I occasionally wear one on the 1st of March - but I make sure I pick it myself straight from the garden! :)]

6. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

You look like Everett True :)

7. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Kenny? :eek: :)

[​IMG]

8. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Oh - someone called 'Everett True' - didn't get that earlier. Never heard of him, I'm afraid. Is he devastatingly good looking, talented, brain the size of a planet, etc.? Yes, he does sound a bit like me. ;)

9. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

:D

Everett True/ET/The Legend! - used to work for NME/MM when I was growing up, then did Careless Talk, Plan B.

10. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Ah - you learn something every day! :)

Want to guess how many of the bands he's recommending on that site I've actually heard of? <font color="#dddddd"> Subtle clue: it's a very round number. ;)

11. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

ah thats understandable :D The Undertones are on there though, which is a coincidence as Id just flicked from the Carpenters to the Undertones when I clicked on his blog :) Now I look, he's got Kate Nash, Hole, Pavement... Huw are you still in 1856 or somewhere? :D He's even got C*ldpl*y on there, even if only to say this :D

12. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Okay - I do remember them. :) Just hadn't noticed the reference to them on his blog.

Who? :D

Nope.

Errr... :eek:

Well, probably more like 1976. The world might have moved on, but I didn't see any reason to! ;)

Hit it, Rory:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKaiHamPT54&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKaiHamPT54&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Oh dear Huw...

Still, at least you didnt put...

[​IMG]