1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Recording the contents of each AP issue

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by pptdgc, Jul 18, 2011.

1. pptdgc

pptdgc Active Member

I've got about 3 years worth of AP and I always seem to spend ages searching through my stack for a particular article, review, tutorial etc. I can never remember which issue it was in.

I was wondering if any readers keep any sort of digital log of whats in each issue? I wish I had done so.

2. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

That thought struck me recently too. It might be too much of a job for the AP team to do retrospectively for all articles, but I think there should be an online resource which lists the issue a certainly piece of kit was reviewed in.

Moving forwards, I wouldn't see it as being too hard to establish a database of articles etc. In this current age it would certainly a great resource for researchers who could download a piece in seconds. Certainly it would mean that AP could charge for some online content, which is something that many many publishers are looking at ways to do.

3. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

4. pptdgc

pptdgc Active Member

Very useful for all of the old camera/lens reviews etc.

What I'm often interested in is going back to an old tutorial or article on a particular photographer. I always remember that there was such an article but never which issue it was in.

I just thought that there must be a reader out there somewhere that keeps a record of the contents of each issue - perhaps in Excel or something.

I might start to do it myself with all of my AP's - just need to find the time.

5. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

AP do a digital edition using Zinio. Other digital magazines using the same system have a search facility for back-numbers so maybe AP do also?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  6. Brian

Brian Venerable Elder

Nah, they keep them under Myk's mattress.

7. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

I feared as much.