1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I weigh the same as when I was 16; 115kg. My GP threw his bmi chart in the bin when he did my annual review. I did weigh 6lb 8oz once.

AndyTake2 and Catriona like this.
  2. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

About five years ago I was well over 15 stone. Not good.
    Just before Christmas I was a bit under 12st 7lb, which my doctor says is OK.
    Currently I am 12st 11lb.
    Which means lots of salads and NO chocolate. :(

3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

48, 5'8" and just about 11 stone (70kg) - given that Dad didn't put any weight on until his arthritis meant he couldn't get about as much, I reckon it's genetic. I've certainly tested that theory as I am well practiced at eating - though moderation in booze and staying active (cycle 50-odd miles a week) probably help too.

4. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

I'm the ideal weight for somebody about 7" taller than me!

5. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Tell me about it! Since I discovered the water rule in pubs I have dropped 2 waist sizes (The last time I wore a size 16 skirt I probably WAS 16) I can live with dresses/tops hanging loose and I have a lot of pants with a drawstring waist so I just have to pull it in a bit but I have spent a fortune on knickers! (I hate when they are so loose it feels like they are falling down and end up walking along the road trying to hitch them up without getting arrested for offending pubic decency!)

Saving on beer =spending on undies

For the record I have not given up on beer, indeed come Monday when I get paid again, The Bells are going to have a good session but then financially the next day I will drop back to water, I still have a can most evenings to wash down my dinner but that is it. For financial reasons I will have to keep this up for a couple of months then I will be shedding a load of debts, be in good standing with the bank who may consider a loan and can relax things a bit

6. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

IMG_4469.JPG

I pressure washed the fence down the side of the house, after replacing some of the boards. To add to the pleasure, a local hardware shop had fence paint on special, $30 for a 10 litre bucket. Painting next.

Zou, Catriona and daft_biker like this.
  7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Sadly I was caught out by a fashion swing to slim fitting things. I would have been OK if baggy had come back, I would have been up with the times, but my fashion consultant swore she wouldn't be seen out on the street with me. Still I have a wardrobe full of stuff for the retro-trend when it comes. :)

Catriona likes this.
  8. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Faced with that, I would be soooo tempted to paint in multi colours! Or even something pictorial! Ha!

John Farrell likes this.
  9. RovingMike

A beach scene with pearly white sand and drooping palm trees perhaps?

Or call up a few of the London street artists and give them a panel each, then sell souvenirs to the tourists.

Catriona likes this.
  10. RovingMike

I just love the dark chocolate Lidl do in little packs of 6 bars. I allow myself 1/3 bar a day, in fact I think I'll have today's right now.

Also load up with industrial quantities of boots' Shapers bars regularly. Strawberry, Blueberry & Yog, Choc Mint at 85cal a go are irresistible.

11. Catriona

Indeed! :)

12. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Ah, you mean those men's suits which when the wearer puts on less than half a Kilo, they look like a Boa that's just swallowed a large pig?

13. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Don't wear suits any more! :D :D :D

14. RovingMike

Well I gave up suits long ago too, but yes, that's the kind of thing. I'm surprised the PC fascists don't have a go at them for body shaming.

15. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

imagine if a "Banksy" were to appear on it... ;)

Catriona likes this.
  16. Catriona

I now live in a Swedish style house in town, built in the 1940s (I think) as quick build pre-fabricated homes. They are surviving well! Anyway, I do wish the South facing gable wall was arty! The houses are so tall, it's a huge empty space just begging to be painted with something other than brown. Ha!

17. RovingMike

Have to stand guard over it night and day.

18. Catriona

I still think it would look good done in, say, shades of the same colour. Or bright shades to break it all up. Cheer you up driving up beside it. :)

19. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Does Bansky operate in NZ - that's where Mr Farrel is I think.

I like the shades of the same colour idea as well but I also noticed $30 for 10 litres - doubt you could do the multi coloured for that price!!

MickLL

Catriona likes this.
  20. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

I could have had a choice of colours from a range of browns, with white, green and black as outside options. I chose redwood.