1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Haha!
    I wish I was!!!
    Make the most of it.

peterba and dream_police like this.
  2. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

It's all right - you won't be next year. :p:D

3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Haha

RogerMac and EightBitTony like this.
  4. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

RTBC Not :(

The Stargazer's Lounge star party near Hereford has just been cancelled due to flooding, but given the situation there cancelling a star party is minor collateral damage.

5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

6. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

You're just a youngster, I was 22 when you were born. ;)

7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I'm saying nothing on age.

But very pleased my wrong plate warmer was finally uplifted yesterday by Appliances Direct. Replacement is due to arrive tomorrow. I am agog with expectation of what I will receive.

8. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

A kettle? Instructions on how to use the grill/top oven as a plate warmer while the main oven is on? A rack above the hob/oven unit?

Zou and RovingMike like this.
  9. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

If something arrives that is glowing, with radiation warnings all over it, you know they have delivered a PLANET warmer by mistake:D

EightBitTony and RovingMike like this.
  10. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Gezza likes this.
  11. RovingMike

Can quite believe it. I have met many and they were very successful. In my next incarnation, I will try to learn from them, but it takes a very thick skin.

12. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

So being a sociopath makes you rich. Who'd have thought it... :rolleyes:

13. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

The NHS has negotiated a deal to get the Cystic Fibrosis drug for English patients. I have various acquaintances with two CF children and this drug will probably double the life span of a high proportion of sufferers

With all the gloom around it's so nice to get some good news.

14. AndyTake2

In a similar vein, problems caused by genetic issues could be treated a little more rapidly than I had previously thought.
    Info from the SF raid on Baghdadi shows that automatic DNA profilers the size of a copier can turn out results in an hour and a half - I hadn't been aware that things had progressed so quickly (SOCOM troops took a couple of different ones with them, which explains why they were on the ground for 2 hours) and they are expecting to test hand-held devices in the next couple of years.

If this makes it as expected, can you imagine handheld units being used in hospitals to diagnose DNA-related issues? Star Trek eat your heart out.:)

EightBitTony likes this.
  15. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Or in insurance offices to find an excuse to up your health/life/whatever insurance premiums? Or even refuse you as a bad risk...

16. AndyTake2

That's been on the cards ever since DNA profiles have been available - thankfully successive governments have told the insurance companies to go forth and multiply. Hopefully this will continue.

17. RovingMike

Yippee I solved why my camera wouldn't do video sound with un-powered plugged in mics like lapels and Rode go. There's a hidden menu behind the sound ON button in the video menu and you have to select Plug In Power as well. Even the man from Oly didn't seem to know where it was, even though he did seem to know it existed. Page 103 in the manual if all else had failed and I had to resort to reading that.

EightBitTony, AndyTake2 and Catriona like this.
  18. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Manual? You some kind of weirdo?

19. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Can only assume Mrs Roving read it to him...

dream_police likes this.
  20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Took 2 and a half minutes off my 5k personal best today. Dead chuffed. :)