1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I never get too close. I get the feeling that bales are about to roll off the back. We have a low bridge on the Nottingham Melton Road. Local drivers seem to know their clearance down to the inch. There is a high load warning system and it goes off if there is the slightest risk of a load hitting the bridge.

2. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I wanted a new Echo Dot as my old one packed up probably because Ganzi kept standing on it so I was looking at a 1st or 2nd generation but turned out I could get a 4th generation on 6 monthly instalments interest free although when my overtime comes through next month I will settle the account

It arrived tonight and the set up was zero problem, I used the app on my phone to add a new device and 30 seconds later Alexa said "Hi"

I'm really impressed with the new speaker and as its round Ganzi won't be able to stand on it

3. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Plus a 60-day Audible subscription so grab some big books and cancel before it runs out I don't use it much just sometimes when I can't sleep so that'll cover me for another year or two

Catriona likes this.
  4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Nigel Farage has been moaning about being unable to get any petrol. He was also involved in a collision with a van. I do hope the van driver is OK.

5. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

... possibly suffering from earache?

6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

More never should have been:rolleyes:;)

WillieJ likes this.
  7. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I'm sure I have some he can have. Now, who has the tyre and the matches?

8. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

That's a bit incendiary if you ask me:rolleyes:

Zou and gray1720 like this.
  9. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

I'm sure there are plenty of generous folk who would be more than willing to donate to a good cause! :D

Zou and gray1720 like this.
  10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Three o'clock was a perfect time to shop. Everyone went round in double-quick time and same through the check-outs. Perfect. So much better than my usual 10.30am.

11. Learning

and you possibly benefited from mid day deliveries. Well, you would have been here at our co-op. The important aspect is to be finished before all the covideous students leave our local academy. (South Wolds Keyworth). It seems that students (we can't call them pupils any-more) can leave the premises if they are free for the last lesson of the day. In my day (at LGS) if we had free study then we were expected to be in the library or on the sports field or gym, or tennis court (for that one had to be very special), and for sixth form members of the photographic society even in the dark room.

Catriona likes this.
  12. Learning

Yesterday afternoon I was able to buy petrol without queueing more than five minutes.:)

13. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I got some 99 locally the other day without having to queue and it was 3p a litre cheaper than a couple of weeks ago. 141.9p isn't that much worse than regular 95:). (The V-Power I got elsewhere was 155.9p)

14. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

and the van...

peterba likes this.
  15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Finally had a women's Paris-Roubaix, albeit a pitifully short 116km which is less than half the men's parcour.

peterba likes this.
  16. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

And the prize for the winner is just one twentieth of the prize money for the men’s race tomorrow.

peterba and Zou like this.
  17. Catriona

I went across to wish my neighbour a happy 91st birthday. We both got a bit weepy. She wanted me to come in, but I didn't. So we chatted and sniffled at the doorway. How I hate this virus!

18. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

If you're sniffling most likely a cold. ;)

19. Catriona

I have to say we were both having a blub.

20. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

*Sigh* I can't give this a "like", but you do have my sympathy.