1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

The parcel arrived today. It was carried by a courier owned by NZ Post, and delivered by the postie. The website "estimated delivery" was never going to happen - we don't have a postal delivery on Mondays (or Wednesdays, or Fridays...)

Catriona likes this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

We had one in a right quandary. He had arrived early but was required to take a picture of it "delivered" inside his time-slot. It seems stupid penalising them for being a few minutes early! I know the purpose of time-slots is so that people can arrange to be in but even so.

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Falatious accuracy. You that you can deliver within a fixed time and then blame the underpaid driver because s/he can't keep to your imaginary friend's timings... :confused:

4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Haha! Nearly a tricky misspelling there. It's fallacious. ;)

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  5. Catriona

My sister sent me an advent calendar of different teas. Just had 1st December. A blood orange flavoured rooibos tea. Happy to say it is delicious!

John Farrell likes this.
  6. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

No, he was just telling us it sucks.

7. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that be fellatious?

8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

That's a bit of a mouth full.

Zou, gray1720 and John Farrell like this.
  9. Catriona

No point in being subtle here, is there?

RTBC
    After about 10 years. the battery in hubby's Casio calculator finally gave up. I was amazed to find I actually had the right battery replacement in my magic box of tricks. Managed to unscrew the tiny screw on the back and replace the battery. By the way, I must do some experiments to find out something. Is the tiny screwdriver magnetic? Or was the screw? Very handy the screw staying on the screwdriver head until put back in.

10. dream_police

I bet you don't hear that phrase that often.;)

steveandthedogs, MJB and gray1720 like this.
  11. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

What is this "Subtle" of which you speak?

John Farrell and MJB like this.
  12. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

it is a type of onion.

Catriona and John Farrell like this.
  13. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Magnetic screwdrives are quite common now, especially the smaller sizes, it makes things a lot easier, unless you have brass screws!

Catriona likes this.
  14. Catriona

Having suffered all day yesterday and most of today with a migraine, in desperation I took a mug of a Chinese lemongrass tisane which I get from my Thai cafe. I don't think the Chinese connect those two - lemon and grass - into one plant, because the result is magic! Clear head and definitely feel good now. Ha!

15. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

cyberpunk2077 for any gamers out there?

16. dream_police

I'm still laughing now.

I have just had a consultation with my surgeon on Zoom. As the meeting closed he said there was just one more thing. That was to tell me that I wasn't allowed to do any housework for at least 3 months. I laughed and told him I'd tell my wife. He said he thought my wife was present with me as he saw her name on the screen (I was just using her zoom account). She wasn't here, but he tried his best for me!

Learning, Zou, daft_biker and 2 others like this.
  17. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Don't have enough money to pay my water bill.
    Told Anglian Water I was just on disability benefits.

They emailed back and said don't stress about it - I can have until February to sort it.:) That's a bit less stress.

18. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

13 dogs walked over 6 walks today...busiest day I've had:).

Zou, John Farrell and Catriona like this.
  19. Catriona

Must have felt a bit creepy if he wanted to have a look! Sorry, just me giggling.

20. dream_police

He didn't want to have a look. Not that he had any choice when I dropped my pants.:eek:

Not really.

Catriona likes this.