1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

RTBC

One of my friends makes quilts both as a hobby and a side business.

She made me a full sized one for my birthday, I'm delighted with it

2. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Looks like Lesley is back!

3. LesleySM

Only during office hours until Friday morning when my ISP is going to be told in no uncertain terms to sort it out or I am terminating the contract early and you can whistle for the rest of the years money because you are not keeping your part of the contract

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

That is a very decent present indeed!

5. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Careful Leslie. You need a bit of digital 'paperwork' to change ISP. Certainly be clear yet be polite. Its not the fault of the person at the end of the telephone line. Also make sure that you have another ISP lined up to fill the breach. Terminating a contract, especially in a contested situation, does not bode well for a smooth transition.

6. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I agree with Learning, However much you feel aggrieved, taking an aggressive tone will not help you. Being polite but firm will probably result in a better outcome.

Learning likes this.
  7. LesleySM

No need to worry I am rarely aggressive to people on the phone unless they give me very good cause to be. I just want to get this sorted, fair enough I waited 2 weeks to call them whilst I tried a new power lead and tried to configure a new router but I told them the problem and thus far I received an email that was obviously a stock reply and had no relevance to the problem, I replied explaining the situation and heard nothing and I have left three voicemails asking someone to call me about this and never had a reply.

8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

From next week's Radio Times film pages...
    RTF-1.jpg

Well, it made me smile.

Catriona likes this.
  9. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Just back from Hospital, injection in left eye to -hopefully- cure a problem following a cataract op. Taxi was a bit late collecting me, however Amazon arrived seconds before the taxi so that avoided a missed delivery. I'm now restricted to right eye only for a day or two, got two more injections to go, late Dec and early Feb; let's hope that sorts it, then maybe I can get a new pair of glasses.

10. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

All the best - Two years on, I'm happy with my sight.

11. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

My right eye op worked well except for the consultan, it was at a private hospital doing NHS contract and he considered NHS patients as barely human , after a couple of numbing drops he just plunged what looked like an outsize hypodermic straight into my eye so I could see it coming, this time I didn't see a thing, just felt a bit of pressure

daft_biker likes this.
  12. Malcolm_Stewart

I'm sorry to hear that.
    My care was in a private hospital in Milton Keynes, but the care I had was superb. (Receptionists apologising if they were running 10 minutes late!)
    My eyes were initially numbed by a small bead of something inserted between an eyelid and my eye; after around 20 minutes, I think some drops were put in, and then I was on the table for the main injection. Annoyingly, my right eye suffered some corneal oedema and my left eye, done around 3 months later, suffered from temporary glaucoma - both seem fine now. (And as mentioned elsewhere, my sight through binoculars is now excellent.)

13. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

My recent op was carried out in a private hospital and the care couldn’t have been better from nurses through to anaesthetist, theatre staff and surgeon and treated no different to a private patient. Never made to feel like a second class citizen at all. The consultant/surgeon works next door at the NHS hospital too (I think he was head of dept).

Learning and Catriona like this.
  14. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

A very good friend of ours who had surgery for bowel cancer in March followed by a reduced course of chemo due to COVID has just been given the all clear. So pleased for her.
    We know too many people of late who have suffered cancer, including that friends brother in law, a really nice bloke, who died last month from it.

15. Malcolm_Stewart

Well I never expected to learn this today!

"Milton Keynes’s lottery cash for parks* was equivalent to £13.09 per person in the area, based
    on Office for National Statistics population estimates – well above the UK average of £6.08.

The data includes funding for public parks and squares, cemeteries and pay-to-enter gardens.

Dover received the most per head in the region, at a healthy £41.08 per head, while Aylesbury
    Vale got funding worth just 2p per person."

I'm somewhat surprised to find that Milton Keynes and Dover are thought to be in the same region. OK, I have driven to Dover a few times, but normally at night for the early morning ferry - it's not somewhere I consider as "local" or in the same region. Our TV is dealt with quite separately, with ITV & BBC having us in separate areas. And we did enjoy our English Heritage visit to Dover Castle etc. some years ago.

* I had thought The Parks Trust got its funding from rents on property in the MK area, but perhaps it know how to lobby effectively...

16. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Thorntons chocolates currently have a 20% on line Black Friday discount with code BLACKFRIDAY20.
    Does not say how long its vallid till.

17. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether to be cheerful about this or not - the parcel is almost here, but then...

courier.JPG

18. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

So... your estimated delivery is yesterday? Hmm. Are you sure you didn't get it - and forgot? ;)

John Farrell likes this.
  19. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

I haven't tripped over a parcel on the doorstep...

Catriona likes this.
  20. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

In my experience there are courier drivers who can't be arsed to get out of the van and ring the doorbell! I sat watching the tracking on the PC go from 'delivery in 5 minutes' to 'delivery not possible - recipient not at home' without a ring on the doorbell and no 'sorry, you were out' note in my letterbox. The note eventually turned up in an extremely crumpled condition(probably shoved into the wrong letterbox!). I had to go into town to collect the parcel from the main post office.

John Farrell likes this.