1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Bit like me and the Tories...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  2. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I have had my Flu jab :eek: I had it yesterday and today has been a duvet day, Heather managed to get my up around four pm today. I am putting it dow to the jab :rolleyes: zzzzzz Don

3. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Slice them, slice some courgettes and slow roast them, then put them in a lasagne along with the usual suspects - veg and meat lasagne is yum

Catriona likes this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Just bought an original artwork from a friend here on the Island. It isn't the sea, it isn't dreich, it is super. Just up my street. My Christmas present to me.

AndyTake2, ascu75 and John Farrell like this.
  5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Yesterday was State Pension day, tomorrow is works pension day and Saturday is my flu-jab.

Well, two out of three ain't bad... ;)

ascu75, AndyTake2 and Catriona like this.
  6. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I like melanzane parmigiana - layers of ragu, aubergine and parmesan. No pasta but similar to a lasagne in concept.

AndyTake2 and Catriona like this.
  7. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

The Labour Party has suspended Jeremy Corbyn.

8. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Doesn't make me cheerful.

ascu75, Scphoto and Gezza like this.
  9. WillieJ

it put smile on my face.

Bazarchie likes this.
  10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Insomuch as the self destruction of a corrupt party can bring enjoyment, I get that. But the hypocrisy is deafening.

11. WillieJ

I was not aware that I was being hypocrytical. I have always thought Jeremy was a self indulegent useless old ******g ***** whose vain ambition and self indulgence gave BoJo and his puppet master (Gollum) a dangerous mad Tory majority. So please explain how I am hypocritical???

Mark101 likes this.
  12. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

This seems a bit vindictive. You already know that I do not support Jeremy Corbyn. Even so, I don't want to keel haul the poor old chap.
    Just let him disappear into a well deserved obscurity..

13. WillieJ

Well Deserved? Come on John, your just trying to stir it - as per usual.

14. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

...as in: "He bluidy well deserves to be obscure".

15. WillieJ

Sorry you'v lost me there.
    EH?

16. WillieJ

In a more considered response. You and Andrew (not mad Biker) have consistantly slagged off any policy which mitgh have any chance of getting any party elected. So.
    Challenge to you both. IN A DEMOCRACY - very important.
    Can either of you come up with a way to bring about your vision iof a fair society utopia?
    Inacase you try to ignore it - within a democracy is critical.

17. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Not you - the Labour party. Their own investigation revealed obfuscation and deliberate actions to smear Corbyn and weaponise anti-Semitism. Meanwhile Corbyn is suspended but Blair is still dripping in the blood of dead Iraqis following his illegal war but still a member.

Scphoto and Catriona like this.
  18. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

If we had actual democracy in the UK progressive policies may stand a chance. But we don't.

Head of state: hereditary, unelected.
    Highest house of parliament: mix of hereditary and direct political appointment, all unelected.
    Lower house of parliament: elected by flawed first past the post system, house rules state you have to be present to vote but the house was deliberately designed to not hold the full number of MPs, constituencies gerrymandered, etc etc.

At least in Scotland with the list system we get a parliament which more accurately represents the votes of the people. That's why we can see progressive policies and amendments led by left parties, even when they are small. Think SSP in past and Greens now who have a great record of keeping the government in account.

Trannifan and Scphoto like this.
  19. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Yep. In my case because I regard "British democracy" as an oxymoron. We have a lot of people talking about democracy but most people in the political arena really don't want to share a room with it. This isn't a British phenomenom - there are very few countries which get anywhere near a real democracy.

20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Late Thursday last week I applied for a passport renewal. Estimated timeframe for delivery 3 weeks. Today the new passport arrived.

New passport is only just on the navy side of black. Pretty boring design, which is a real missed opportunity.