1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

No bruising just an ache. One thing they didn't tell me but I found out today on a letter from the surgeon to my GP with a copy to me, was that I had 3 hernias. Two right hand inguinal and a femoral hernia. All three covered with mesh. No wonder I ache down there!

John Farrell likes this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Poor you! I know my hubby had a double, but three? You are just greedy. To think initially your GP didn't think you had one. Hmm. Well, just take care and lets hope the ache goes away soon.

3. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Well, going by a well-known 'ditty', Gobbels had none ...

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

For now the ache is a good thing. It will remind you not to do anything daft. I do have experience in this field. If you start to do something daft then you will get a stab of pain which should prevent you persisting.
    My experience is from quite a few years ago. Since then I have enjoyed lots of hill walking, the odd bit of rock climbing (only old party pieces no harder than severe), the odd scramble (maybe the most dangerous and exposed things that I have ever done) and now I get exercise in this season practising the ancient craft of hedge laying.
    Start exercise gently but firmly. You may well find yourself eventually doing things that you have never done before. In my modest 77 years my only significant surgical interventions have been hernias about 20 years ago, and stenting about seventeen years ago after I temporarily dropped dead after a vf event. My ambition is to beat my late mother in the longevity stakes, preferably with intact marbles. She lasted to 98. I have already overtaken my late father.

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Femoral hernias are tricky because at any time they could strangle the artery...my hernia was supposed to be an inguinal but turned out femoral.

6. Learning

Nasty. You could lose a leg for that (unless treated).

7. Learning

Oi. This is the Cheerful thread.

Danno and Zou like this.
  8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Ok, being grateful he didn't lose a leg?

spinno likes this.
  9. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Or that he still has all twelve toes.

10. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Yesterday I came home from work to one of the deepest, most profound moments in a man's life.

My new shed had arrived.

Learning, Footloose, Danno and 5 others like this.
  11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Back to 'normal' time.

DaveS likes this.
  12. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

@MJB
    Funny you should say that...no wonder my sister/mother used a lot of nail varnish:rolleyes:

13. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Yep still got three

14. Learning

Have you got it up yet?

15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

50 sheds of grey...

Zou, Learning, Catriona and 2 others like this.
  16. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Yep, GMT instead of British Stupid Time, what kind of an idiot thinks you get any more daylight?

Zou likes this.
  17. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Maybe the delighted, or enlightened?

18. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Lightweights maybe

19. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

It doesn't get dark 'till stupid o/c anyway in the summer, we don't need more stupid.

Zou and Catriona like this.
  20. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

A British winner of the Giro d'Italia, and an exciting race to watch too.

dangie likes this.