1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

There is no big battery at Battery Point. There may be some small batteries to bring the diesel generators into life from a dead start. There will be soon be renewable to augment the diesels. There is already an interconnector to the mainland.

2. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

My Reason To Be Cheerful
    The football team I support, Stoke City, won 2-0 today.
    However the Stoke Managers comment after the game made me smile....

"If we score twice every week and keep a clean sheet every week then we're going in the right direction..."

AndyTake2, MJB and Zou like this.
  3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

In an almost unprecedented coincidence, my Scottish, English and Italian teams all won their matches. And if you know who my Scottish team are you'll understand how infrequently this can happen. :D

Catriona likes this.
  4. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

There are batteries and batteries......................

Catriona likes this.
  5. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Would that be East Fife? A few years ago Dave found they were doing rather well and told me when he was a kid his dad used to take him to matches and for many years he thought the team name was "East Fife Nil"

Learning likes this.
  6. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I had a delivery today and the courier took a parcel that he wasn't booked to collect because I asked him. Hopefully this is the end of the telly saga

Hermes get a lot of (usually well deserved) flack but Paul my local Hermes courier is really helpful

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

St. Johnstone...

The holy grail of Scottish football results was always East Fife 4:5 Forfar.

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Our regular Hermes guy is another good one. Friendly, never arses about hiding things in the garden or bins, and generally a credit to his employer.

9. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Many years ago I cycled Land's End to John O'Groats. While passing through Scotland I went through towns whose names I thought only existed in the Football Pools. I passed St Johnstone's ground, not knowing until then it was in Perth.

10. Learning

I thought that Perth was in Australia.:)

11. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That can prove an expensive mistake when booking travel.

Zou likes this.
  12. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I disagree!

13. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

You'll be telling me that Melbourne is in Derbyshire next:rolleyes:

14. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I used to live near Palestine and Egypt, which as we all know is on the Hampshire/Wiltshire border.

Catriona likes this.
  15. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

I've been to Dunkirk frequently and didn't need a ferry.

Catriona likes this.
  16. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It depends on where you start from.

Catriona likes this.
  17. Learning

I guess you thought Watling Street. I thought Nottingham, near the uni and full of covidious students.

18. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

All you people living in such common places. Round here we can choose between Inner Ting Tong and Outer Ting Tong. :p

19. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I think I was too subtle... Ha!

20. Learning

Average property prices at £995,000 for Inner Ting Tong.