1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Did you have several species of small furry creature grooving with you, Kate?

Catriona likes this.
  2. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Answer when you have time

3. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

RTBC

Yesterday after over 6 months I got my lip waxed! Yes it hurt like Hell but at least I now no longer resemble a certain Mr A Hitler

I got my first Xmas/birthday present from my friend Sharon- well that is what she said it was two big tubes of body lotion, a big tube of hemp hand cream and bottle of facial oil

4. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Because of this thread currently lying in bed in a dark room playing Animals through headphones.

Catriona and John Farrell like this.
  5. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Any remonstrations would have been drowned out by the delicate sound of thunder.

SXH likes this.
  6. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Done my toenails. Only time I use my distance glasses which, as soon as I walk, I feel sick!"

7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Are you sure it's not the toenails?;)

Zou likes this.
  8. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

That and lack of adequate back bending is why my chiropodist will be here for her regular attack on my toes later this afternoon.

Catriona likes this.
  9. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Ah, Chiropody - the Cinderella of the NHS funding-wise - which seems somewhat ironic!

10. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

This brightened my (wet and windy) day. We had a cow calve today and due to the naming system we use for our pedigree Holsteins (sire's name + dam's name), "Hurricane Gail" had a daughter called "Breezer Gail". :)

retrofit, Zou, John Farrell and 2 others like this.
  11. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Proctology gets the bum deal.

Zou likes this.
  12. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Lucky Breezer Gail, long may she have a productive life.

13. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

When you find something that just works.
    Sometimes there comes along a relatively simple invention that changes things - I wanted to wall mount my TV, so got the mount, which came with some decent screws and wallplugs.
    Unfortunately there is a 20mm gap behind the plasterboard, so they were useless.

Looking online I found a recent bit of kit called Rigifix. It consists of a 100mm long plastic wallplug, with a slight lip to go on to plasterboard, which goes through into the wall behind, bridging any gap. Normally this wouldn't be any good, as the plasterboard would sag due to the weight of anything on it, however in this case, a steel wallplug is screwed inside this plastic one, providing a serious f*"k-off fixing, and then an M6 or M8 screw is used to fix whatever it is that needs fixing to the steel wallplug. Because the interface is steel on steel, there is no effort involved in mounting the TV fixing either, and they supply a driver bit and allen key which fits the steel insert (which are pretty tough to drive home, but no problem unless you were stupid enough to try it on a high speed setting)

https://www.toolstation.com/m6-rigifix-frame-fixing/p96377

14. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I learned something there. I’ve not come across “dot & dab” walls before but I guess a dry-line + skim is a lot cheaper than a full plaster+skim. The only plasterboard in our house is on partition walls and ceilings.

15. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Skim? SKIM???

Bloody luxury is skimming.:confused:
    The only skimming here was money, by not skimming the damn walls. Removing umpteen layers of paper from unskimmed plasterboard...

...I'm going to have to have a lie down to try and forget it now. The hideous green, purple and yellow paint over layers of wallpaper.:eek:

16. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

And today's is the Rick Wakeman one - definitely worth a listen, the man is a hoot!

17. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

I've got a new classical composer, by the name of Aardvark! :D

With my new CD cataloguing system, I have finished dealing with all the works by composer, performer, genre etc., but now face the problem of all the classic CDs that have many different composers on the same CD, like, for instance performers like Pavarotti and Maurice Andre. To separate them from the rest, I wanted a key-word that always appear first in the list, so I would know that these were not major works, but a medley from various composers. Thus, a new composer, Aardvark, who will always head the list of key-words when ever used. The actual composers are in a hierarchy under Aardvark, so I can still search by name, but the name will always be prefixed by my new ant-eating friend.

It definitely made me smile when I typed it into the list of key-words! :)

Zou likes this.
  18. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Sounds like 'ard work.

19. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

We saw his English Rock Ensemble at Cropredy one year, who he introduced as "six musicians squeezed round a keyboard rig", which made oi larf.

20. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Got my drive through flu jab today. Anyone know why the NHS get you to put your DOB on their little form and then ask you how old you are?