1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Yup Finasteride, I'm surprised I don't rattle, 6 tablets/capsules morning and 4 more at night

2. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Back to music. Extracted my hearing aid prescription from Specsavers. re-jigged it to graphics equaliser settings and set. Found I had neither fully inserted the kettle lead nor the input nor output jack plugs in said Graphics Equaliser (syrprised it had been working at all). Gave all plugs a mighty shove and switched everything on. Total humless silence till I started the player then total humless music with the full spectrum being audible and absolutely none of the god awful distortion introduced by my fairly upmarket heasring aid.
    Thank you once again Mr. Ossifrage (or may I call you Squeemish?). I am very gratefull for you providing the gen and reasearching a suitable Graf. Eq. available in the UK
    W

SqueamishOssifrage likes this.
  3. Slaytv

Slaytv New Member

That's a great reason to celebrate!

4. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Thanks for the thanks! :)

5. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

RTBC
    When I see news like this:
    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/wor...-bravery-earns-him-a-gold-medal-a4555786.html

A giant rat has been given a gold medal by the PDSA for his land-mine clearing in Cambodia, where Magawa has cleared 141,000 square metres of land, finding 39 landmines and 28 pieces of unexploded ordnance.
    They are, like all rats, extremely intelligent, and work for food treats without tiring. It takes a year to train them, and can also detect TB!
    :):):):)

6. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

My daughter has pet rats (well just one now) I was quite surprised at what great things they are. She has games and puzzles for hers so they have to solve things for treats.

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Didn't Martin remind us that pet rats are less disgusting when they are called filigree Siberian hamsters:)

8. SqueamishOssifrage

Rats can be fine as pets. They just got a bad rep in the fourteenth century over the Black Death for some reason. Mind you, it can be a bit of a bastard when at 09:00 in the morning you see one scuttling around the bilges on your yacht, and you have four charter guests arriving at midday for a week's cruise and who will scream blue murder and run away if they see it.

Maybe that bad rep was right in the first place. :rolleyes:

RovingMike likes this.
  9. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Decided I can't spend my whole retirement when it comes in December wandering round with a camera in hand, so decided to go back to Golf after 15 years. Luckily my last set didn't go on ebay like the rest, but Taylor Made woods are over 25 years old. Dare I be seen with them in public, do you think? ;)

Adams irons and hybrids are nearly 15 years old and Adams went under a few years back, but think my course cred might survive them. Just realised all the rules have changed, so busily swotting up on them.

SqueamishOssifrage and Catriona like this.
  10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Yes! They'll just think you are an okl Pro!! Ha!
    Funnily enough when on my walk yesterday it took me alongside the golf course. I almost said - let me try at the putting at least! :)

Just be careful of your back!

11. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

If it's 15 years since you last used them and they still do the job, why change them? You are probably going to need to get back into the 'swing*' of using whatever you have, so why change them? Is this a case of the wanting rather than needing new ones?

12. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

As long as you don't wear Pringle you should be fine.:D

Catriona likes this.
  13. RovingMike

Yes as I keep asking myself. Been down to the range a couple of times and I can't imagine hitting any better at my age, but all help welcomed. Found a pro doing a comparison online with exactly my ancient Taylors driver vs their latest greatest Sim Max at £399 a throw. The new one did go about 15% further....hmm.

14. RovingMike

Ah thanks for the warning. I do have a couple of them still around. Nasty coarse scratchy things.

I know all my old Top-Flite and Nike balls have to get dumped somewhere, or they'll give the game away.

15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

If playing inland or by the sea, mine always seemed able to find deep water:rolleyes:

Catriona and Zou like this.
  16. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Shouldn't go paddling!! Haha!

17. SqueamishOssifrage

So you are back-pedaling on the worlds third most expensive pastime to take up the world's second most expensive pastime?

A braver man than I, Gungadin - I quite the world's most expensive pastime - yachting - two years ago, and although it has saddened me greatly, it has also greatly improved my cashflow. Glad you still have some bats though, be they ever so old.

18. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

What rules can change regarding whacking a ball from one place to another.... :)

19. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

I would imagine that golfing equipment follows along the same lines as fishing tackle.
    Most fishing tackle is there to catch the angler, not the fish.....

Learning and Zou like this.
  20. RovingMike

Exactly. Your choice of golf equipment has as much to do with playing golf as your choice of camera does with photography.