1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Wasn't he lucky to be able to find a testing kit and to be tested?

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Well if he's going to boast at press conferences about shaking hands with infected people I'm guessing someone put a test kit aside for him soon after...

3. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Hang on... He was showing symptoms yesterday, but still went outside and stood near his neighbour for a shameless publicity stunt?!?! Words fail me. :mad:

4. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Sadly, it seems he didn't infect Cummings.

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Ah but was it vice versa?

6. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

This isn’t to take the piss, but a couple of weeks ago I saw one of the Bentley SUV 4x4 things hooked up to a long trailer with feed or whatever pulling out of a farmers field. I’m sure an old land rover would have been cheaper and better!

7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Not sure it’s passed on in that substance.

RogerMac and AndyTake2 like this.
  8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Maybe the Land rover was broken? Maybe it was the wealthy landowner assisting a tenant farmer? I doubt a Bentley would be a farmers first choice. We once had a courtesy car while our land rover was getting a new clutch. They sent us a Jaguar XF. The boss wouldn't let me try and fit a silage bale in the back.

9. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Taking the opportunity of Isolation to plough my way steadily (or unsteadily) through the many bottles of beer stored away in various dark places in the house or garage. Had some real nice surprises but Shepherd Neame Christmas Ale 2004 was a bit ropey....

John Farrell and Zou like this.
  10. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

If you're risking Shepherd Neame you clearly managed to find loo rolls.

ascu75, John Farrell and LesleySM like this.
  11. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Got some years of Fuller's Vintage. At 8.5%, it would get me very unsteady, very quickly.

12. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

PSX_20200327_220320.jpg

MJB likes this.
  13. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

What did it taste like? :D

I initially thought it was one of DaveS' astro pics.

DaveS and John Farrell like this.
  14. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I suspect not like the crisps. Do they still do them???

15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

:D

Ham and pineapple on the end of each spike?

MJB and Catriona like this.
  16. Catriona

Cheese please!

MJB likes this.
  17. Catriona

Mountaineering over. Done the kitchen clock. No disasters balancing on chair. :)

18. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

My back to front kitchen clock will be about 2 minutes fast(or should that be slow) by morning.Not bad for a cheap novelty clock. Its been running untouched on one battery for well over a year.

19. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Thought your.name was Kate not Louise!

20. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Cheerful? Who me? Well actuality I am as one of my nieces has just produced a lovely baby boy I do hope we can keep him safe until we get this bloody virus sorted.

DaveS, spinno and RovingMike like this.