1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Reasons to be Cheerful.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MJB, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Call it gluten free veg lasagna? We have no trouble getting parmesan, even recently.

Learning likes this.
  2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I admit that I hadn't tried to get Parmesan recently. Its good that it is still available for those who value it. Maybe its too expensive for the masses.

3. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Use it in veg lasagne along with courgettes. Really nice change from the traditional meat.

4. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

RTBC: No temperature for 3 days. Isolation ends tonight.

John Farrell and Zou like this.
  5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

RTB Extra C: Being able to hug my wife for the first time in seven days (later).

Zou likes this.
  6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Not sure being over it allows you out of isolation. Have to ask Boris.

7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

This is a smooth running operation. I used the ASDA app to announce my arrival. The shopping was in trays from which I transferred it to my own boxes. No problem maintaining >2m separation. Even if it had been raining (it wasn't) it would be fine . The drive through area is under cover.
    I allowed substitutions but they were few and sensible.
    I am very impressed and my estimation of ASDA has risen. For normal shopping I prefer Morrisons but as far as I know they have nothing like this. Sainsbury and Tesco are not convenient for me.

RovingMike likes this.
  8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Savour it. Emotional moment when I hugged Julie this morning.

EightBitTony, AndyTake2 and Catriona like this.
  9. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Exercise great with BBC Asian Network on radio.

10. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Extract from an email to the bairn....

11. Catriona

Wonderful! Many congratulations!!

daft_biker likes this.
  12. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Looking for a cheap alternative for grated Parmesan? Visit your local Podiatrist! :eek:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    neilt3, LesleySM, spinno and 3 others like this.
  13. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

RTBC:
    Although a lot of places made a big thing about free hot drinks etc for NHS staff they all closed...All bar LEON on Tottenham Court Road. Wasn't sure they'd consider me NHS staff but I went in and explained and they gave me a free coffee, very nice it is as well, it made my morning (It also made sense because it meant not having to go to the canteen which is a bit small and makes social distancing hard)

Catriona likes this.
  14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Washing machine guy came yesterday, needed a part so put it on order. Part available today, fitting booked for Monday. Not quite the next day service we had first time around but better than waiting 2 weeks...

ascu75 and EightBitTony like this.
  15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Working at a table next to my indoor bike setup is handy. Every hour or so my heart rate watch reminds me to move so I can hop on for a minute or two and not spend the whole day sedentary. :)

ascu75 likes this.
  16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

IT issues at work so our systems are unavailable for remote access. On a Friday. :D

Catriona and dream_police like this.
  17. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is a RTBC or a WGYG. One of our local Facebook groups shared a graphic to show their appreciation of all the people who had no option but to continue working. A Farmer was on there (RTBC) and he was wearing dungarees, a plaid shirt, and had a piece of hay hanging out of his mouth (WGYG).

LesleySM and Catriona like this.
  18. Catriona

Oh? You mean like all Scotsmen are in kilts? Yes, very irritating stereotyping. We all know you spend all your time in an office, counting all that money the Government pays you. ;) :p

John Farrell likes this.
  19. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Not true! Here's the reality:

Catriona likes this.
  20. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

As reported elsewhere, Karma is being a bitch.

#bojo

Catriona likes this.