1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

real motorsport pics

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by POAH, Mar 20, 2005.

1. POAH

POAH Well-Known Member

went olong to the SLROC comp safari this morning. conditions were poor with visability down to around 50m at most and made phot taking crap however getting close to big V8 motors going threw mud at high speed was worth while. love the sound. Had two cars go off coarse near me, one coming straight for me other guy's backend swung out and he passed the other side of the track. sound of these machines was ace and being 2ft from them when they went past was great apart from getting splattered by mud a few times

[​IMG]

virgin to photography

2. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Now THAT's more like it! Much prefer the real thing. Good action shot! Any technical details for the "saddoes" amongst us?

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

3. POAH

POAH Well-Known Member

used shutter priority @ 1/80th of a second and panned the target firing off lots of shots.

[​IMG]

virgin to photography

4. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Excellent! The slowish shutter speed and panning action has created a great sensation of speed, something which many budding motorsports photographers ofen forget to do by using too high a shutter speed, and consequently they then end up with a rather sterile "frozen" image. I actually prefer that second image because it doesn't have the distracting course marker tape showing as the first one did. Well done!

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

5. ranter

ranter Well-Known Member

A great pic but I suspect a windscreen wiper upgrade is required.

Have a look at my website

6. Wilko

Wilko Well-Known Member

Now that second pic is really rather excellent
    Captures the moment perfectly

Graham NRIPN

7. DaveCarr

DaveCarr Well-Known Member

Like this 2nd shot - great timing, full of action - good stuff!

Dave (FRIPN)