1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Readly and Roger

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by pachinkofan, Jul 1, 2017.

1. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

Was quite surprised to see AP is included in Readly (was trying out a trial on it)

Reminded me how much I used to enjoy the mag, and while (as was usual) I didn't read every article, it was good to read it again, as I never seem to buy magazines physically these days due to time / cash / remembering to take them to and from work to actually remember to read it before it's already out of date, I think readly might be a possible solution.

Oh and it made me smile that Roger Hicks is still at the back :)

2. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

"splashed out" on a 2 month for the price of 1 trial of READLY and enjoying the mag still, along with a shedload of others... Just hope the mag gets enough of a cut to make it worthwhile, and as they're available on it still, I'm assuming they do, as I doubt in all honesty I'd be buying the mag every week in physical form :oops:

3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I'd assume that it's done at a publisher level, and the publisher / readly agree some kind of price for the entire publisher's lineup. I doubt AP as a single line item sees the money at that level.

As it happens, my wife has signed up to Readly, so I'm reading more magazine content than I have for a while.

4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Stick with it after the special offer. Even this website is partly paid for by subscribers to the mag. Avertisers pay the rest. I like getting the mag early as a subscriber.
    Now having done the boot licking bit I would also comment that it is getting a bit thin.
    A couple of years ago I would have found it difficult to choose between BJP and AP should I have to give up one of those. Now the choice would be easier. Lots of content on posh paper once a month at very high price, or much less content once a week at lower price. Of course the content is different; one is more adventuress than the other. It publishes mainly rubbish by photographers struggling to be different, but now and again comes up with a gem. The other is 'safe'. One's reviews are often hilarious unless done by our latter 'Great Tharg'; the other is respected . One is partly instructuralI; the other relies on the colleges for that stuff. I stick with both publications, not because one is better than the other, but that they satisfy different aspects of my photographic interests.
    It's a hard life for editors, that's for sure. I guess that I will subscribe to both publications for some time.