1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Re-Furbished ME and a Tamron lens

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by PeteE, Jun 17, 2020.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

I re-furbished a 'Gift' Asahi Pentax ME body -- new mirror bumper and back door light seal foam, straitened a bent lens aperture activating lever in mount, and lubricated levers and cogs in base-plate. I tried it with a Tamron Adaptall II BBAR MC Close-focus 135mm f2.5 lens which came with a C/Y mount but now I have a 'Pentax K' mount for it. I used
    up a short length of 1992 ORWO NP22 first then changed to 11/2002 Jessops Pan 100 kindly sent to me by a Flickr member before I went into Hospital . The lens is SHARP ! I used Full Aperture as light allowed but the ME does not have the 1/2000th shutter speed of the ME Super.
    Full Aperture and ORWO film
    [​IMG]ME ORWO Tamron 135 03 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    F 5.6 and ORWO film
    [​IMG]ME ORWO Tamron 135 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Full Aperture and JESSOPS Pan 100 film
    [​IMG]ME JESSOPS Tamron 135 05 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    f5.6 and JESSOPS Pan 100 film
    [​IMG]ME JESSOPS Tamron 135 06 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    THIS is the Camera and Lens I used
    [​IMG]Asahi Pentax ME with Tamron 135mm f2.5 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

EightBitTony likes this.
  2. ptermx

ptermx Active Member

Nice shots. I have a soft spot for M-series Pentaxes. I still have the MX I bought second hand in 1983, another one off ebay c.2001 and my dad's old ME Super. All working and used occasionally, but more because I like them as cameras than because I like film.
    That autowinder you've got on the ME looks pristine. Not much used?

3. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

The Winder was on an ME Super and I took it off to test the ME which came from the Former Chief Photographer of the 'Yellow Advertiser' newspaper and I had the ME body for ages before getting round finally to re-furbishing it.