1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Q viewfinder

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by steveandthedogs, Jun 5, 2014.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Just bought an optical finder from Rocky Cameras for £3.99, brightlines for tele and wide, they just about fit the 5-15 lens. No info there obviously, but feels much better than holding the thing at arms length.

2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Wow, great price, Steve :) Could you check to see if they have one for the 06 lens? I would kill for one of them or, failing homicide, I would send money to purchase one :)

Cheers,

Jack

3. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

It's one of these, Jack. Rocky had a couple in second hand, both gone now.
    This was the guy, seems reliable and quick, had a couple off orders of him now. http://www.rockycameras.com/ His shop is a bit like Auntie Wainwright's.
    The finder is a bit off as regards parallax, may have a tendency to lose tops of heads, but with luck I can compensate. And considering the price of Pentax own brand, I can lose a few heads.
    Seen the same thing new on fleabay for £30+ [about $60 Canadian?]

S

Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  4. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Steve … I shall peruse ebay and the like :)

Cheers,

Jack

5. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

6. Done_rundleCams

7. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

Your welcome and thanks for commenting on my photo.

8. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

I have just looked on the WEX website at one of these, the Q-VF1. I was shocked at the price ...... £189.00 for an optical VF????

It seems that the retailers are living off of the profits from the accessories because the margins on the cameras themselves is so small. I suppose we have to pay one way or another, but it is a bit hard to swallow sometimes.

Jack, I'm sure you are aware of the situation better than most. It does make searching for a used item or a discontinued model a lot more cost effective.

9. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

@ Monobod .
    Not just pentax , I wanted the viewfinder for my Sony 16mm NEX lens . I paid over £100 for it . I needed it for my infrared converted NEX 3.
    As a 35mm (film equivalent ) viewfinder for a 24mm lens is hard to find and probably much more expensive .