1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Q-S1

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Monobod, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Hello Jack,

Is this the replacement you have been waiting for? 1/1.7" sensor, same size as my G10, should be good.

2. Atavar

Atavar Well-Known Member

I believe the Q7 had a 1/1.7 too, but the question is did Jack have a Q7...?

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Correct on both accounts, I have the Q7, with the slightly larger sensor than my, now defunct, Q and the same size (sensor) of my Ricoh GR_IV :) Although, now my Q7 has been regulated to use only with the K-to-Q Adapter with my FA50/1.7 and/or my Takumar 2X due to the demise of my second 06 (Tele Zoom) lens :(

As for the new Q-S1, I think I'll be staying with the Q7 for when I want to take a camera into concerts/sporting events where they won't allow my
    K-r and DA50-135 lens :)

Cheers,

Jack

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014