1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psst! Fen's got an exhibition this weekend Nov 1st/2nd

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fen, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Good luck Fen! I'll remind my sister, who is in London. Hope it goes well.

Kate

3. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Looks interesting, and I've wanted an excuse to get into London again; but I'm puzzled by the recommended walking route. What's wrong with taking a shorter route along Blackwall Way from East India DLR? It was walkable the last time I was in the area.

4. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

I will try and make it, Fen. Will the artist be on the premises?

The only thing is my bro-in-law is having a very serious operation so will depend on how that works out really :(

5. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Hi Fen - sorry I won't be in London - more hospital visits I'm afraid.

But I do really hope it goes well for you.

6. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Thanks Kate :)

You're right... Dunno why google maps did it the other way. I've updated the link on my website. Great to see you if you can make it :)

NEW MAP ROUTE HERE

The Artist will be in residence all from 12'noon till 5pm today and tomorrow.

Hope all goes well with the BiL and it would be great to see you there if you can make it.

Cheers Chris - Hope the hospital visits go well for you.

7. Malcolm_Stewart

I'm just about to leave home - looking forward to meeting you, Fen.

8. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Excellent. See you there :)

9. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Have a great weekend - from the photo I've seen it looks fantastic.

10. Malcolm_Stewart

I've been, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I can thoroughly recommend a visit to the exhibition.

Here's a snap of Fen discussing one of his prints with a visitor.
    [​IMG]

There's plenty of other artwork to see walking from East India DLR station, and the Trinity Buoy Wharf is worth a visit.

Tree growing through London Taxi
    [​IMG]

and Hello Baby
    [​IMG]

11. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Since this is pretty local for me I'm hoping to pop along tommorrow...oh wait! It's late (been playing with some shots I took today and our new kitten) and have just had that "IS THAT THE TIME?!" moment okay hoping to pop along this afternoon

12. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Anyone else notice that in the photo of Fen and viewer, Fen's shadow-puppet is of a dog, or more appropriately, a wolf. Go on, go back up and look!
    (BTW, I hope it was a great success, Fen.

13. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I found the venue but it appeared to be closed so after 20 minutes searching I decided to give up....

And on my way out found the entrance and as I looked down the stairs Fen was there.

No-one else was so I got a private viewing accompanied by the photographer. Lovely pictures as well

Alas I took a wrong turn on the walk back so when I got to the DLR station I was on the other side of the A13 to the entrance do I kept walking as I don't plan in being mown down by a car at least not yet. Ended up at Poplar where I got a bus that took me to my local pub- I'd earned a pint as I walked a couple of miles!

And one day Fen and me will have that drinking competition. Does the poor wolf know what he's letting himself in for?

14. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I hope that the show went well but sadly not convenient for me to visit.

15. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

However... to the person that just PM'd me saying that they hoped the show went well, but in the future I should get one of my friends to post about the exhibition as they feel "that your posting of the thread might look a bit self promoting" and they didn't want to post their opinion on the open forum as "it might have looked a bit mean".

Well, yes... it is a bit mean... but more than that, it's rude. :(

16. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

I have been known to "not like" your Colourfield images on this site in the past, but I still hope the exhibition went well.

Anyone who wishes to display something "different" should have every opportunity to do so, whether it be on a Forum such as this, or if they are lucky/good enough, to have a public exhibition. After all, many of the great artists of the past were "rebels" in their output, and didn't get true recognition until much later. I hope your recognition comes much sooner, Fen, and that you get the opportunity to bask in the glory.

Best Wishes.

PS: It wasn't me who PM'd; if anyone has anything to say, it should be on the open forum.

17. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Err... isn't that the point of great chunks of this forum? Especially Personal Portfolio Sites, for starters! So it's not as if a bit of self-promotion is against the rules or anything.

Someone needs to grow a pair and get over the fact that (presumably, from their petty behaviour) that they haven't got an exhibition of their own.

Adrian

18. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

it wasn't me either....and in all sincerity I hope it went really well.
    Now it's my turn for a bit of self-promotion...(not really I made that last line up..)
    ;)