1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Proofing tool for photographs

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by techgeek, Nov 12, 2014.

1. techgeek

techgeek New Member

Hello Everyone,

I am passionate photographer love to capture hill areas and beauty of nature. I have just started with photography as a passion not professionally for now. I am thinking about to start my own blog to capture audience so my question is have you guys used any proofing tool or management software ? Currently I am using proofhub http://www.proofhub.com trial vesion. So Is it a good idea buying a membership of this tool ??

Thanks in Advance

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I am not quite sure what you mean by proofing tool but if you have tried it and it doesn't meet your needs there is not much point to ask if you should subscribe - the answer can only be no!

3. techgeek

techgeek New Member

Thanks for responding Rob!

Actually proofing means feedback on design, images and documents. Team involved in the project can easily comment on design and leave their feedback. I found it very useful as I used to edit images I clicked.

Anyways thanks for your help. I will continue my research :)

4. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

ProofHub is a project management tool and I can't see its application to photography, unless as part of some larger project. Flickr is probably more appropriate to your needs and the price is right: https://www.flickr.com

5. techgeek

techgeek New Member

I agree Flickr is good enough but my point is I use this tool to get review and feedback from my clients and team. Thats it! I know its meant for large project but still its proofing feature is helpful for many. who would like to get feedback on their designs and images.

Anyways thanks for your opinion on it!

6. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

I'm more than a little confused here...

You started by asking if it was a good tool to use and then end that you actually use the tool for what it was made for.

What is it you are actually after?

If it is a way for the general public to view (and comment on) your photographs on your own website, then all you need to do is use something like Wordpress to make your website and then make sure that 'Comments' are turned on so people can comment if they wish to.

Or... if it is only for your 'Clients and Team', then carry on as you are I guess. If you are already using the software, then you already know the good/bad points about it. In fact you probably know more about it than anyone here!