1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Processor upgrade plan

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Jeff Farkas, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Jeff Farkas

Jeff Farkas Well-Known Member

Right now I have an AMD Ryzen 3 2200G. It's adequate but I can do better and my plan is to get an upgrade asap. When I get my next stimulus check from the Gov I'll pull the trigger on it.

The 2200G is a four core/four thread and it's ok but I could use a tad bit more firepower so my plan is this. I'm getting the Ryzen 5 3600 and a graphic card. This CPU has 6 cores/12 threads. More firepower and for a decent price. Plus I get to add my own GPU. If the Ryzen 5 4600G is out I might get that but it's going to be dependent on the GPU in the chip.

Jeff

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Might as well be written in Martian.

3. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Threadripper?

Jeff Farkas likes this.
  4. Jeff Farkas

5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

If if were I reckon the universal translator might have concerted it to "Graphics coprocessor card for Intel based motherboards" which may be slightly more informative. :D

Jeff Farkas likes this.
  6. Jeff Farkas

I should have taken the time to tell the entire story in English next time. LOL.. But then again, I am a computer nerd from the late 70's.

My plan is to get a new, better processor and at the same time get a graphic card that works with my Asus motherboard. At the moment I think getting the processor that's available for purchases is the best route to go. I know it will work with my current motherboard.