1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Process C-22

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by JohnH1989, May 31, 2011.

1. JohnH1989

JohnH1989 New Member

Is anyone aware of problems with a film processing company called Process C-22 based in Margate? I found them on the internet and sent off an old 126 film for processing. That was at the end of 2009; they took payment of £35 in January 2010 and sent me an acknowledgement e-mail but I've heard nothing from them since. I've tried telephoning them but they don't answer, and I've e-mailed them for an update but again without response. I've no idea what was on the film or whether it would have been possible to process it, and £35 isn't going to break the bank, but it's annoying not even to know what is going on.

2. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

There are a number of reviews for the company here. It seems some have waited 18 months for their photos to arrive.

Welcome to the forums by the way.:D

3. JohnH1989

JohnH1989 New Member

Thanks Norman. It's not clear from that whether they are just really slow or whether they have shut up shop. I suppose I'll just have to wait and see if anything turns up.

4. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Dom Roberts (no relation) of Process C22 is a sometime forum member here - I think (although I can't track it down) that he said sometime last year that he had a huge backlog and was working through it. I'm beginning to think that I'm imagining it...

5. ashb1

ashb1 New Member

Hi JohnH1989,

I sent an old film to Process c22 in late 2009. My account was debited for the processing service in early 2010. I got an e-mail in Aug 2010 to say images recovered, but nothing since then, despite repeated phonecalls and e-mails. I just contacted Consumer Direct (08454040506), they advised to write to Process C22 requesting goods back under Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982. Here's hoping.....

6. dellboypalms

dellboypalms New Member

yes i sent my old disk film when i used to live in the uk dominic took months to reply with excused for being busy but i havent heard anything since im getting my cousin in the dorset police to do some digging about him these were treasured memories me on stage with the late edwin starr (motown) dont hold much hope hopefully no one else will be conned by him, steve perth w.a.

7. crysalis

crysalis New Member

hopefully no one else will be conned by him, steve perth w.a.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately many more have been conned as can be seen at http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews159774.html . I am currently in communication with trading standards and am intending to pursue with legal action. This person has taken small amounts of money )although sometimes in he hundreds) from many people and has deprived some people of precious photographic memories. I notice that the website for the company no longer exists, mail to the PO Box number is not collected and the owner has also left his home address with no forwarding details. I encourage anyone who has been conned by this person to contact Kent Trading Standards - this can be done online quite easily.

Last edited: May 8, 2014